Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How much are Ceramic Brakes (PCCB) for a 997T replace cost

I've got a 977.1 Targa 4S with PCCB's, it's done 67k miles and the PCCB's look like new. I took the wheels off to measure the disc thinkness (digital micrometer, Mitutoyo) and it looked like the rear discs were half way through there thickness, there's a min thickness on the disc. Also there are 3 wear discs that look like new. Fronts are less worn than the rears?

Anyway, after getting paranoid about the replacement cost, if I do 5kmiles per year that's 12 years before replacements - I don't track the car. They work perfect from cold and don't make any noises. To make the discs last longer pads should be replaced before they wear out. Mine were at 80% left at 50k miles, measure by OPC.

I'm just going to use them and work out what's next when the do expire. I spoke the guys at Surface Transforms, their discs can be recoated at little cost, but £4k/axle. Steels are another option with yellow calipers? Maybe the cost of the carbon discs will have come down in 2027 when they need replaced?

10year old disc....

Attachments

• rear_disc2__copy_251.jpg
    rear_disc2__copy_251.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9,366
I chickened out and purchased a steel disk 997.2 Turbo instead....

the interior colour as well on PCCB car, how fickle we are....

yes I might regret it in the future

A GT3 with PCCB's has just turned my head. I knew the discs were expensive, I thought 10K for the lot???

How wrong was I???

20K!!

Even with "man maths" I'm never going to convince SWMBO of the merits of PCCB!

so the plan is she drives it curbs the wheels and then I have to have new ones...yes darling its wider than the C2

the things we do to blindside SWMBO

robbiej said:
You just have to be sensible with them .. i would recomend them over standard brakes any day of the week !

look I had just knocked that car off the list....

choice of three cars (could be 4) I didn't sleep last night

:floor:

They are very good as others have now said and i have no idear how they seem to last so long , but at the end of the day they are expensive if they get damaged and it would always be a worry so you made the right choice :)

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back