Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust mod advice pls

Re exhaust, is it worth doing Gundo first then bypass, and not the other way round?

I'm a bit reluctant having hacked done on my car while bypass will be a straight swap, and easily reversible.

Straight swap is a term that should be used very loosely. Rusty it's and bolts can make what should be an hour or so of work, into many many hours and bucket loads of frustration

TheCock said:
Thanks for the advice guys have ordered a H&S X pipe to start with, also got a BMC filter and Techart springs and some spacers on route. Am going to use Brookspeed to fit it all - I've never used them but have read good things on here and having just spoken to Stuart I'm not worried, he knows his 911s!

Stuart will look after you mate he's a good chap and did all the work on my gen1 ,before James the mobile tech came on the scene locally. Still use Brookspeed for certain bits though. and they did 99% of the original upgrades on my gen2 as well :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
TheCock said:
Thanks for the advice guys have ordered a H&S X pipe to start with, also got a BMC filter and Techart springs and some spacers on route. Am going to use Brookspeed to fit it all - I've never used them but have read good things on here and having just spoken to Stuart I'm not worried, he knows his 911s!

Stuart will look after you mate he's a good chap and did all the work on my gen1 ,before James the mobile tech came on the scene locally. Still use Brookspeed for certain bits though. and they did 99% of the original upgrades on my gen2 as well :thumb:

He seemed great on the phone. Looking forward to testing him out. Out of interest where did you/anyone else source the clamps? OPC? Also can you get stainless hardware?

My son took this video on Sunday

(Very) cold start... note ice on windscreen :grin:

Without , then with PSE

Fabspeed X pipe . Howls at 4K revs. :thumb:

Definitely improved the tone, found gen2 much quieter than my gen1 with BMC and CAI

https://youtu.be/A4LaZMivlV0

TheCock said:
Phil 997 said:
TheCock said:

He seemed great on the phone. Looking forward to testing him out. Out of interest where did you/anyone else source the clamps? OPC? Also can you get stainless hardware?

which clamps mate :?:

askgeez said:
My son took this video on Sunday

(Very) cold start... note ice on windscreen :grin:

Without , then with PSE

Fabspeed X pipe . Howls at 4K revs. :thumb:

Definitely improved the tone, found gen2 much quieter than my gen1 with BMC and CAI

https://youtu.be/A4LaZMivlV0

Sounds bloody nice Guy :thumb: young Joe makes a good cameraman and he didnt panic when you reverced towards him :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
TheCock said:
Phil 997 said:
TheCock said:

I assume he means these... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche...452898?hash=item36293329e2:g:LEQAAOSwR2RaTivH

QTY 2 required.

systech1 said:
Phil 997 said:
TheCock said:
Phil 997 said:
TheCock said:

I assume he means these... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche...452898?hash=item36293329e2:g:LEQAAOSwR2RaTivH

QTY 2 required.

Yep, those, not expensive to buy at OPC and they have stock as they replace on a certain service apparently.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back