Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 ASK Amp repair

resigner

Has anyone used Cartronics to repair their amp in their 997.1 non bose?

https://www.cartronics.co.uk/Porsche-Amp-ASK

I just phoned them, they want £79 to look at it, let alone fix it! Oh and can't give me even a rough idea of cost to fix it........

Can't say they are filling me with confidence.

I have used them in the past to repair the Nav unit on a BMW they did a good job and were quite quick getting it back to me. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
I have used them in the past to repair the Nav unit on a BMW they did a good job and were quite quick getting it back to me. :thumb:

Sure they would, I just hate the "no we can't give a rough idea of cost" attitude......

So I emailed Tore earlier today and he had replied within 2 hours, on a Sunday!

For the record and other people looking at the same, they take the amp, repair and make some improvements so much so that they give a 5 year warranty on the amp. All for 120 Euros including registered shipping back to you.

So, will likely be going ahead this week and will keep you all informed. Tore seems to think every single amp will fail at some time!

resigner said:
So I emailed Tore earlier today and he had replied within 2 hours, on a Sunday!

For the record and other people looking at the same, they take the amp, repair and make some improvements so much so that they give a 5 year warranty on the amp. All for 120 Euros including registered shipping back to you.

So, will likely be going ahead this week and will keep you all informed. Tore seems to think every single amp will fail at some time!

I think he's right, Thats great service on a sunday and I have also heard good reports about them. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back