Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cameron Sports Cars ?

s70rjw said:
Was it the silver GTS you went to look at ?
There's plenty of high number of 911s out there, for some it's an itch they have to scratch and then a short time later, it's scratched and the car is back on the market.
Was the cars history impeccable?

Yes

Nice vehicle and full dealer history but they were sketchy on what gets
done as it had not been full prepped.

Warranty was not as appealing as OPC

"For the first 6 months or 5,000 miles of ownership we include our highly comprehensive Driver Plus cover, with zero excess contribution from the customer. For the remaining 6 months or 10,000 miles we will cover engine and gearbox internal failure for labour only with the parts being paid by the customer."

That better than one that when you make a claim the warranty company disallows a valid and you get wear and tear merry go round IMHO :dont know:

Porsche would also cover it after an 111 point check if you wanted to go that route.

SGH said:
Warranty was not as appealing as OPC

"For the first 6 months or 5,000 miles of ownership we include our highly comprehensive Driver Plus cover, with zero excess contribution from the customer. For the remaining 6 months or 10,000 miles we will cover engine and gearbox internal failure for labour only with the parts being paid by the customer."

If it's a standard car use the Dealer Warranty for 6 months and then put your own OPC warranty on it.

if you want to scratch an itch, or you are the sort of person for whom the novelty wears off quite quickly, buy a rough, high miles 996 with a years m.o.t, it does exactly what the others do, then when you've had enough sell it on to a similar buyer.

Why lay out huge sums with the risk of damage, depreciation or theft if you are only keeping it 5 mins, not to mention losing big if a dealer buys it back off of you,

just my opinion of course, i would struggle to spend that sort of money on a car even if i had it.

They are good, but not that good.

Reviving a thread

Sorry to drag up this old chat from the depths.

I'm looking at a car that Camerons have, its quite a bit more expensive than similar cars, that said their reputation speaks for itself...

Having never bought a sports car from such a company before I was wondering whether there was much scope for negotiating with such firms?

In particular this being my first Porsche I would love one with an OPC warranty that I can continue / renew. My thoughts were therefore paying for the 111 point inspection with Porsche and if it passes asking them to discount their warranty against the cost of an OPC 2 year one...

8n the current climate, buyers hold the power card. Every business is hurting right now and every £ in the door could be the difference between going under or not.

Thanks FZP

Kinda what I suspected - but I wouldn't necessarily go in with that approach - just wondered equally whether this would be something they'd usually consider.

I guess I'll have to call them and have a chat.

They have been around a while and yes they do charge top dollar. Only know one person who bought his low mileage 911 Turbo from them a while back and he was very pleased with the car, his trade in and the service(still has the car).

It's a buyers market now though and it will be for the rest of 2020 at least.

Cameron's are extremely good guys.
I bought my first Cayman from them over the phone. I'm very fussy but Ian and Simon said the car would be perfect and it was.
I tried to get them to source my next one but they could not find a Cayman GTS at the time. I waited a few months but they could not find one.
When I found one in a private sale I chatted to the guys and they were very helpful even when there was nothing in it for them.
I found that they were pretty firm on the price but did do some undersealing at no charge.
I would not go past them if I could
They will only sell good quality stuff.
It is a buyers market so you never know.

Thanks for the input.

I'm going to keep hunting for now (as I've only just started) but I might give them a call.

I have to say even a private one with a valid Porsche warranty would win however as I really rate their warranties.

Its really nice to know there are some epic Indies around!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back