Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust mod advice pls

TheCock

Hi all

Back in a 911 and this time its got water in it. Did a deal today on a 2010 997.2 manual Carrera, low miles, no sunroof, no rear wiper, simple and lovely.

Couple of questions;

I want to lower it (20mm) and wondered if anyone had comments on which springs are good etc.

I want to add some noise - have seen Carnewal and remember from my 993 days that he was popular. Thoughts on this or other options?

Any comments welcomed - even those which are rude and unnecessary/not on topic.

Thanks
TheC

Re: More water cooled

TheCock said:
Hi all

Back in a 911 and this time its got water in it. Did a deal today on a 2010 997.2 manual Carrera, low miles, no sunroof, no rear wiper, simple and lovely.

Couple of questions;

I want to lower it (20mm) and wondered if anyone had comments on which springs are good etc.

I want to add some noise - have seen Carnewal and remember from my 993 days that he was popular. Thoughts on this or other options?

Any comments welcomed - even those which are rude and unnecessary/not on topic.

Thanks
TheC

Hi ***** (sorry..couldn't help myself :D ),

Re springs, see the recent post re Techart springs which appear to be favoured over Eibach etc for mainly road use...

Re noise there are many options available ranging from the "gundo" hack and/or replacing the backbox with the H&S x pipes (search for both for details) through to the retrofit of PSE (which I have done) and many in between solutions including replacement exhausts (Tubi, Sharkwerks, Carnewal etc.). Your approach will depend largely on how much noise you want and the amount of readies available.

Systech has summed it up nicely.
Gen2 3.6 sits a bit highter than the 3.8 as stock so you would be ok using either techart , Eibach or H&M the Techarts would be the ones if you want 20mm drop on a non PASM car.
As the non PASM has already got a really nice ride set up when I did my non PASM gen1 I used Techart and found the ride remained just as nice.

re Sound the most common mod for the gen2 is the H&S rear muffler delete
then if you want more growl then options are get Gert to do the internal mod to your boxes or go for a gundo.
unless your budget will stretch to a full stainless sports exhaust valved or non valved .

also dont forget changing your stock airfilter to BMC sports filters will improve the induction note and make the car breath better less wheezy.

did I mention that Aqua is the best colour as blue is the new black :grin: :grin: and as your only in Broadstone we should meet up and chat Aqua 997.2s

:welcome: back (and to the dark side) Ben. :thumb:

Welcome back! Would love to see a pic of the Aqua Blue!

37994431842_8050f40e3a_c.jpg

Absolutely the new best colour

I think I know the one you've bought (Turbo 3.8 wheels) Looks great :thumb:

Nice car (same spec as mine) :thumb:

Obviously exhaust note/engine note is a very personal thing. But the gen 2 c2 does sound like sewing machine as standard. (Especially from inside).

If you don't have PSE I would gundo the back boxes before deciding on getting H&S bypass.

H&S alone not worth the money. (For the minimal gain on a non-PSE)

Gundo is cheaper and you may decide it's fruity enough.

See attached vid of my c2 with/without h&s.

I have heard a forum members c2s with gundo & h&s (no PSE) in the flesh, and it was perfect IMO.

Thanks all for the advice, was looking at a pse backdate but I think I'll try the mods mentioned and see how I get on.

It is the car with the turbo 3.8 wheels.

Look forward to catching up on any run outs etc.

Welcome back Ben.

What's been filling the garage on your automotive tour of other cars for the last few years since the Vesuvius left?

I've got a Tubi exhaust on mine and I love it. Sounds tremendous when you open it up, but with control of your right foot sounds no louder than stock.
Good luck with the upgrades

RobIpswichUK said:
Welcome back Ben.

What's been filling the garage on your automotive tour of other cars for the last few years since the Vesuvius left?

Thanks! Nice to be back in a 911. Weekend warriors post the 993 were a manual M3 which was a brilliant car, like a hooligan but brilliant, then the 968 Sport which was also fantastic, in fact I took that on Castle Coombe and nailed a supercharged Exige! The 968 was pretty much re built to new, so drove very nicely, handles really sweetly. Wanted something that would be more comfortable on longer road trips, was searching a 997 turbo but then saw this Gen2, nice and simple with nothing added, no sunroof, no rear wiper, no gadgets, manual box and low miles. It's like a new car and the guy at Ashgood was not only a nice bloke (was there all afternoon) but he gave me a great price on the 968 (even before I talked about buying!) so the deal was very easy.

Thanks for the advice guys have ordered a H&S X pipe to start with, also got a BMC filter and Techart springs and some spacers on route. Am going to use Brookspeed to fit it all - I've never used them but have read good things on here and having just spoken to Stuart I'm not worried, he knows his 911s!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back