Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 C4S Aqua Blue - 1 month in thoughts and detailing pics

RB79

Happy belated New Year to everyone.

Well 1 month has flown by. Although I haven't driven her all that much due to Xmas etc but enough to formulate some comparisons to the C2S.

Overall, I love the car especially the colour and even the wheels that I was initially unsure about going from my C2S that had lovely Carrera Wheels in Platinum. I think the Classic Wheels really look the business and fill the arches better.

Driving - well perhaps not that different as same engine etc. Definitely more accessible power with 4wd traction. Perhaps biggest difference is the lowered PASM suspension, the car feels planted and compliant and I can imagine it would be much faster round a track. It also sounds more throaty even though I had a PSE before.
The 18 ways seats are firm but so comfortable and the interior feels special even though it is dark being black but the carbon fibre looks lovely. I also love the Sports Design Steering Wheel though wish they did a multi-function option in the Gen 1.
Being an 'old man' now I also love a few more toys on the car. I do wish it had DAB and also a glass roof that would give a bit more light but those are minor gripes.

She has spent the week with a detailer having a full paint correction and protection applied, the results looks great but then I am biased.

I hope you are all enjoying your fine machines and safe motoring for 2018.

ls1nbw6.jpg

xpatFjO.jpg

oLdGMiT.jpg

XRSz9eM.jpg

k6fMaYq.jpg

X5X7BFP.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again...what a colour :cloud9:

:thumb:

All these lovely blue 911s suddenly appearing. I feel so 2017.

Thanks HSC.

Max - you are clearly a trend setter, let's hope not too many people catch on or blue might be the new black :)

WOW! That looks lovely. Very good looking machine indeed.

yup - aqua blue - my favourite colour... Looks great!

Great looking car :thumb:

What are you considering with the front plate? Looks so good without but need to be legal??

G2 said:
Great looking car :thumb:

What are you considering with the front plate? Looks so good without but need to be legal??

Sadly plates back on. I think a lot of UK cars are spoilt by our large plates compared to US but, as you say, needs to be legal.

Love the last pic, Aqua is a great colour but I might be biased :floor:
have I mentioned blue is the new black :thumb:

Beautiful colour. Who detailed the car for you? Great job. I agree about the wheels, they were the only choice for me.

Thanks RB. Very impressive finish. How much correction was needed? Just swirlmarks or was there damage to the paintwork? Always amazes me what these guys can do!

Thanks RB. Very impressive finish. How much correction was needed? Just swirlmarks or was there damage to the paintwork? Always amazes me what these guys can do!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back