Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 20" alloys on a 997

The 991 rim is lovely. Any idea about the weight of the 20" compared to the stock 997 jobs?

I wanted to do this on my Turbo G/2, even found some genuine Panamera wheels that are the 20" version of the Turbo wheels for sale but when I came on here and asked for input I was pilloried for even considering it!

Strange how opinions change in a matter of months :?:

easternjets said:
I wanted to do this on my Turbo G/2, even found some genuine Panamera wheels that are the 20" version of the Turbo wheels for sale but when I came on here and asked for input I was pilloried for even considering it!

You need to walk your own path my friend. :dont know:

That being said, I wouldn't be entirely sure I'd want big heavy reinforced SUV rims on my 997. Not that I've seen what you have in mind, or have any idea if they're reinforced, but when we've sourced aftermarket winter rims for the Discovery's they've needed TUV approval to be allowed.

easternjets said:

Probably more to do with the fact that they were Cayenne/Panamera wheels and not 997 20" wheels, I am pretty sure there is a difference :dont know:

I wouldn't be putting 19" Cayenne wheels on my 996T so don't be offended, lost in translation i'd say :friends:

20's are 8) on a 997!

:thumb:

You need to walk your own path my friend. Dont know

That being said, I wouldn't be entirely sure I'd want big heavy reinforced SUV rims on my 997. Not that I've seen what you have in mind, or have any idea if they're reinforced, but when we've sourced aftermarket winter rims for the Discovery's they've needed TUV approval to be allowed.

Think your getting your Panameras and Cayennes mixed up, they were Panamera rims which are identical to Gen 2 Turbo wheels but 20".

easternjets said:
Think your getting your Panameras and Cayennes mixed up, they were Panamera rims which are identical to Gen 2 Turbo wheels but 20".

Panamera:

Front: 9.5 J x 20 ET 65
Rear: 11 J x 20 ET 68

Turbo II:

Front: 8.5 J x 19 ET 56
Rear: 11 J x 19 ET 51

Front are a full inch wider so may be rubbing issues.

If they work then I guess it's a cheap way of getting the same look...only one way to find out :thumb:

Another option. 991 anniversary wheels on a C4S.

Attachments

• image_698.jpeg
    image_698.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,860
J Holmes said:
Another option. 991 anniversary wheels on a C4S.

They look very nice Jeremy, I would love these on my turbo but mega £££.

Attachments

• wheels_159.jpg
    wheels_159.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 2,846
Mine are now up for sale on this site!

Attachments

• 20170519_161156_1_557.jpg
    20170519_161156_1_557.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,664
Isoproturon said:

Are you selling them because you just fancy a change or were they a bit of a hard ride on a 997 after you lowered it. :?:

Phil 997 said:
Isoproturon said:

Are you selling them because you just fancy a change or were they a bit of a hard ride on a 997 after you lowered it. :?:

If you see my earlier post the ride isn't an issue. I want to mske it look more standard though because I am old git and sad like that.

One of the things I enjoy about this site, no wrongs just different opinions :thumb:
I'm also loving how most of us enjoy changing our cars to make them even better or to our own taste :worship:

Isoproturon said:
Phil 997 said:
Isoproturon said:

If you see my earlier post the ride isn't an issue. I want to mske it look more standard though because I am old git and sad like that.

Ah good , I knew you had said that which is why I asked, just wondered if you had changed your opinion but understand now its just to fit OE gt3 ones and get it back to stock :thumb: they do look bloody nice though :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Isoproturon said:
Phil 997 said:
Isoproturon said:

Ah good , I knew you had said that which is why I asked, just wondered if you had changed your opinion but understand now its just to fit OE gt3 ones and get it back to stock :thumb: they do look bloody nice though :thumb:

:thumb: They were on the car when I bought it and it took me weeks to decixe to take them off. In the end I struggled to get the GT3 ones but found some similar.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back