Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£15k - what to buy

ursicles

Thought id ask this question her.e

Ive got £15k to spend on a porsche and have it between the 2007 2,7 Cayman or a 2002 C4 911 (both manual) which has been rather well cared for.

Wondered what people would do in my shoes?

Its just a fun toy for me to drive about in round town, and to head to europe with my mates for a few days hooning about. Car will probablly only be kept a year, which is why im leaning towards the 911 as depreciation should be minimal. Ive got a car for the day to day durge, but practicality wouldnt be a bad thing, though not a deciding factor.

Had a 2004 996 turbo and a 2005 boxster 2.7 in the past, so either car would be similar to what ive had before - in a way.

Just because you have had a Boxster AND 911 before, then I would go Cayman :judge:

:thumb:

The cayman is the boxster with a hardtop on though :) :)

I really wanted the 3,4s cayman, and saw one in budget, but the 3.4 engine issues made me think again on that plan.

The 911 is almost certainly depreciation proof at that level, but the Cayman isn't. Does that matter to you? Other than that both are good cars, so what you are asking is the outcome of a test drive decision for yourself. :dont know:

ursicles said:
The cayman is the boxster with a hardtop on though

Answered your own question there then...what colour is the 911 :wink:

:thumb:

I do need to go and drive both - though i think im leaning towards the 911 currently as faster, 6 speeds and more space.

911. Simple. All cars of this age have engine issues of some sort.
The 911 is wonderful and a true thoroughbred . The Cayman is simply a great car.

Everyone should have a Cayman...but get the 3.4S. They really aren't depreciating and quite simply one of the best balanced cars you can get - the only perceived problem is a Cayman is not a 911. Buy one, add fuel and enjoy!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back