Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre Console delete - moving rear wiper switch across?

galahad

Hi All,

I want to delete the console on my C4S but as it has heated seats, I want to move the heated seat switches up where the blanks are in the horseshoe. To do this, I need to move the rear wiper switch from the bottom left to the middle right, so where can I find a suitable switch? I'm guessing I just need one from a LHD Car do I?

Cheers

from what I recall Wiper switch is the same position for LHD

Which switches do you have and which are blank?

but you can move them back to central tunnel switch position as in the Boxster assuming you dont have a Cab

Attachments

• swicthes_118.jpg
    swicthes_118.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 2,645
galahad said:
Hi All,
so where can I find a suitable switch? I'm guessing I just need one from a LHD Car do I?

Cheers

I've swapped sides with some of my switches. Can't see the problem with just moving it to where you want it? I know it'll rock the other way but I find that better as I can tell the difference between my 'top down' switch and the psm switch without looking.

If you mean just swop the switch from left to right then you dont need a new switch .. the fixings are generic for all switches in the horse shoe .

You will need to extend the wiring for the heated seats and possibly the wiper switch .. not a big deal though just make sure you solder and not use crimp connections :)

First part of Dammits post shows his consol delete .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=120709&start=0

The reason I want to change the switch is that if I move it to the opposite side then it either needs to be upside down or click the wrong way, both of which will upset my OCD as the icon will be upside down!

Thinking about it, maybe the door lock switch icon is symmetrical vertically so that could be the one to move..

Will have to check tomorrow.

I stripped my centre console down today as I'm in the process of fitting a double din head unit and need the HVAC where the cubby hole is. I had to remove the heated seat buttons housing whilst I played around and I reckon there's enough wire to move them up without a problem.

With regards to your OCD, just move the switch in question to the other side, leaving the correct way up (so the icon is right) and I bet you don't even notice.

Here's mine with the top down button moved to the right under the psm button, leaving the bottom 2 spaces blank:

20160223_121700_zpsghrowdnu.jpg

As a result of my centre console delete I moved the heated seat buttons up to the dash and relocated the central locking button from one side to the other..... so technically the key icon is upside down, but so far even my part german OCD has not flared up....

note: anything that ends up on the right hand side will likely be partially obscured by the edge of the steering wheel

pattern I ended up with on the dash

rear screen wipe..................traction control
rear screen heater.................central locking
left heated seat..................right heated seat

I effectively have 2 blanks/spares on the backward half of the centre tunnel, but I look down less than I'm looking up.... if I ever fit the power roller door on the garage, I'd use one of these blanks as a button for that....

demon said:
As a result of my centre console delete I moved the heated seat buttons up to the dash and relocated the central locking button from one side to the other..... so technically the key icon is upside down, but so far even my part german OCD has not flared up....

note: anything that ends up on the right hand side will likely be partially obscured by the edge of the steering wheel

pattern I ended up with on the dash

rear screen wipe..................traction control
rear screen heater.................central locking
left heated seat..................right heated seat

I effectively have 2 blanks/spares on the backward half of the centre tunnel, but I look down less than I'm looking up.... if I ever fit the power roller door on the garage, I'd use one of these blanks as a button for that....

Perfect - that's what I'll do.

Cheers

I've just checked the wiring length for you and there's plenty.

JhwYIlz.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back