Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recent pricing

ChrisT70

looks like the recent price surge is encouraging some even more racey (hopeful) pricing, from private and trade sellers.

private sale 4S @ £122k
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-993/porsche-911-carrera-4-s/8166930

Hexagon- almways minty with a 2S @ £100k
https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...-993/porsche-911-carrera-s-coupe--993/8224125

Paragon £100k
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-993/porsche-911-carrera-4/8122701

no immediate signs of the slowdown as yet, on the lower mileage cars.

993 pricing

I really don't get the pricing at all just now. MattyR putting his car on the market for £32500 and looks like he would take an offer. Is the paragon car really worth another £ 70K. That's an awful big slush fund if you bought the cheap one! I often wonder how many actual punters are out there with the cash to splash on a toy with 150 000 miles on the clock Even I can see cars at dealers now for over a year. It's hard to get a value on the real market just now!

The spread on 993 prices is massive with many Dealers just brainwashing the non enthusiasts with "last of the air cooled" & "investment" etc...

Build numbers will always come into play and the WB cars were fewer, hence the higher prices and sought by the investor in particular.

Mileage is a funny one and personally i'd rather buy a higher miles car with a more comprehensive maintenance record, rather than a low miler with missed annual services. Investors are obviously looking for ultra low miles but there seems to be a grey area inbetween. 50-60k miles seem too high for the investor and are usually priced too high for your average joe to buy and use as intended!

I think the 993 is still playing catch up to the G series 3.2 & 964. Look at 964 C2 Manual Coupe's with anything from 100 to 200k miles, they're fetching £50k+ and sell easily. Sure the 964 has the classic 911 silhouette but i'd rather take the 993's far superior suspension setup and sweeter 3.6 motor.

MattyR's motor is a bargain IMO. If that was a like for like 964 it would be £50k+.

I say grab a 993 while you can as I only see them going one way.

All IMO of course. 8)

C.

thesmithsUK said:
I've found this to be a useful reference point:

https://cazana.com/uk

(Just type in a registration mark.)

Useful reference but it estimates I've done 17k miles in the 993 since the last MOT (I presume they pick up mileage from MOT records ?) :floor:

cableguy said:
The spread on 993 prices is massive with many Dealers just brainwashing the non enthusiasts with "last of the air cooled" & "investment" etc...

HBNhhMk.jpg

Minus the Jonttt MkII rose tinted valuation goggles :roll:

:hand: I'd hardly call it a price surge when they've not actually sold them and somewhat unrealistic. How much did they buy them in at? Smoke and mirrors :bandit:

Well done chum the first 993 valuation thread of 2018 :thumb: One of many I expect :floor:

Yea the forum was a bit dead tbh :floor:
£122k on a private car with no come backs is hopeful given the traders selling cars cheaper.

I'm tempted to jump back in with a cheeky 25bags offer on the other as savings rates are crap at present and a 993 isn't losing value anytime soon....

:thumb:

I've found the opposite - I'm toying with the idea of picking up a 912, 964 or a 993 as a replacement for the 996t and I've had a lot of private sellers offering cars at much lower than what the market would have you believe they are. I didn't get this level of interest last year when I was window shopping.

I appreciate I'm looking at the lowest end of the market, and you've linked the highest, but thought I'd add my experience.

Jay. said:
I've found the opposite - I'm toying with the idea of picking up a 912, 964 or a 993 as a replacement for the 996t and I've had a lot of private sellers offering cars at much lower than what the market would have you believe they are. I didn't get this level of interest last year when I was window shopping.

I appreciate I'm looking at the lowest end of the market, and you've linked the highest, but thought I'd add my experience.

I see what you did there... :grin:

C.

Attachments

• dc_207.jpg
    dc_207.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 5,283
.... If you offer a carrot ..... isn't it followed by donkeys? ........ :?:

:wink:

madalaa said:

If you insist. I'm sure I see a Donkey somewhere...

C.

Attachments

• d_862.jpg
    d_862.jpg
    854.3 KB · Views: 5,211
cableguy said:
madalaa said:

If you insist. I'm sure I see a Donkey somewhere...

C.

My goodness - what a lovely ass!

It's definitely the more lithe NB and looks great in Black with the Tan Interior. :thumb:

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back