Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lidl CTEK

chicb

Lidl are selling their version of CTEK from 11th Jan, £13.99. Seems very similar to CTEK, pulse charge, auto charging, diagnostic programme.
Car park full of Porsches, a sight to behold
:floor: :thumb:

Got one, albeit the older style and for the money they're a bargain. They also have some of the power banks that you can jump start your car with, charge your phone etc

Quite a few of the PCGB guys use the Lidl chargers and rate them...I have not heard of any fires/explosions yet :D

+1 - I have one too - excellent VFM

Ive got a CTEK for the Porker which works a treat but will get one of these for the bike which is not getting much use in winter and will save me swapping the CTEK over periodically.

In case you didn't know, the Porkers have a live power outlet (at least 996/997's do) so you can get a cigarette lighter adapter for the CTEK which plugs straight in, so easy to connect.

Fed said:
Ive got a CTEK for the Porker which works a treat but will get one of these for the bike which is not getting much use in winter and will save me swapping the CTEK over periodically.

In case you didn't know, the Porkers have a live power outlet (at least 996/997's do) so you can get a cigarette lighter adapter for the CTEK which plugs straight in, so easy to connect.

I must be missing something, how does that work?

The car uses it's own battery to keep it's own battery charged :?:

Sounds a bit like a solar powered torch to me :?

I bought a Lidl charger last year. Don't know if the latest version is the same but the only thing I could fault it on was that when it is first connected it doesn't automatically select a charging mode. So if you have a power failure you have to remember to go and restart the charger. Not a big deal really but at the time my car was in storage and was moved but the storage people didn't know to restart the charger so dead battery when I collected the car.

jpsh120 said:
Fed said:

Excellent love that analogy :floor:

I think what they mean is you can charge through the live connection instead of lifting the bonnet and removing covers etc. So the feed goes into the ciggy socket and then the battery charges saving all the faffing around.

jpsh120 said:
Fed said:

:floor:
No, I think he means that you can plug the charger in the ciggy lighter and into the mains and it will charge the battery....saves you open the boot lid, removing the battery cover and clamping to the terminals..

I use one on my bike, had it a couple of years with no drama.
As said the only slight problem if you loose power it turns off and you have to manually reset.

For the money it's a bargain. :grin:

angry said:
jpsh120 said:
Fed said:

:floor:
No, I think he means that you can plug the charger in the ciggy lighter and into the mains and it will charge the battery....saves you open the boot lid, removing the battery cover and clamping to the terminals..

Ah in which case that is quite a neat trick, not heard of it before.

Every day is a school day. If I still had my 997 I could have tried it :sad: :sad:

I've got one too, very impressed for the price (so might up another one, as I have to keep moving the others around across the 3 cars I don;t use regularly enough.

My only observation is that they struggle to revive a flat battery, usually just get an error (Err in the display). Otherwise as a maintainer been brilliant.

Thanks for the heads up. I just took a pre work detour and picked a couple up.

I have a one from a few years ago and it has been great. I'm moving to an AGM battery soon though and these new ones maintain those safely too.

+1 on what Rob says though. They maintain a battery very well but they must need a decent resistant charge to sense it's there. They won't recognise a totally flat battery if you try and charge one. For £14 though every garage should have one. :thumb:

For any north east lads, the Morpeth store still has plenty left.

Sorry for tardy response. JPSH120 - absolutely correct, saves opening the bonnet, frunk, whatever you call the thing at the front.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back