Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin

C4-STORM

Tyres again :lol:

PS2 or PSC2 for the rears?

The cups are a track derived tyre? but would I be best sticking with the PS2 as an all-rounder, better in the wet and lower cost? (No track days planned for me :hand:).

I have also read that you can put 35's on the front but I don't understand this with the 4WD/rolling radius and Porsche's recommended 225/40 profile for the 4S.

Any advice much appreciated :thumb:

The Cup 2 is perfectly okay in the wet, but it doesn't really like the cold very much. I certainly wouldn't mix Cup with non-Cup across axles on a car though (they each will behave very differently with conditions and you would nominally expect a frustrating level of inconsistency). All 4 or stay with what you have would be my opinion.

There are enough people out there running 235s on the fronts of Turbos that I wouldn't personally be overly concerned about using those with 295s on the back - it all ought to be within tolerances. There is almost certainly someone on here who has tried it and can comment from direct experience though?

I've just ordered PS2 rears and PS4 fronts. IMHO the last thing the rear of a C4S needs is more grip.

Disco said:
The Cup 2 is perfectly okay in the wet, but it doesn't really like the cold very much. I certainly wouldn't mix Cup with non-Cup across axles on a car though (they each will behave very differently with conditions and you would nominally expect a frustrating level of inconsistency). All 4 or stay with what you have would be my opinion.

There are enough people out there running 235s on the fronts of Turbos that I wouldn't personally be overly concerned about using those with 295s on the back - it all ought to be within tolerances. There is almost certainly someone on here who has tried it and can comment from direct experience though?

I would prefer a matching set but struggling to source all 4 the same online. Would PS2/PS4 combo be okay or would you still say not to mix them up?

galahad said:
I've just ordered PS2 rears and PS4 fronts. IMHO the last thing the rear of a C4S needs is more grip.

:thumb: May go same route as that if it's ok to mix the tyres

C4-STORM said:
galahad said:

I'll let you know next week assuming I've not died in a fireball caused by rampant oversteer!

galahad said:
C4-STORM said:
galahad said:

I'll let you know next week assuming I've not died in a fireball caused by rampant oversteer!

:floor: :drive:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back