Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just put my manual C2 993 up for sale £32,500.00

MattyR said:
Hi chaps, it's a sad day but I've just put my 993 up in the classifieds. It sounds cliche but it's to find a house move. About the only thing more important to me than my lovely Porsche is more room for my family.

It's high mileage and in very good condition with almost 20k spent in 4 years. It's a bargain at £32,500.00!

Cheers you fabulous gentlemen!

Its up for the price of a crappy non history restored TR4 then, as I'd assume you'd at a push accept £30K for her. Bloody bargain.

The finest aircooled 911 of them all, all for less money than the utter turd that was the 2.7 of the mid Seventies......

It always amases me that the 993 is probs the only aircooled 911 that generally you rarely seen clocked, has more history than Kim Kardashian, yet because of high mileage, suffers value wise because of it.

Best of luck with the sale. :thumbs:

Zingari said:
jonttt said:
Let me just get my crystal ball..........Zingari

Ps 993 tipped over £100k years ago :hand:
It's 77.5 bags off that figure

Interesting maths...

:pc:

wozy said:
It always amases me that the 993 is probs the only aircooled 911 that generally you rarely seen clocked

Not so sure on that one... My old Vesuvius C2S is sat at JZM for sale with less miles on than when I sold it! :eek:

C.

gunner said:
Zingari said:
jonttt said:
Let me just get my crystal ball..........Zingari

Ps 993 tipped over £100k years ago :hand:
It's 77.5 bags off that figure

Interesting maths...

:pc:

epicfail.gif
Blame the bottle of Port :oops: I have trouble rationalising numbers after 25

wozy said:
It always amases me that the 993 is probs the only aircooled 911 that generally you rarely seen clocked...

Really doubt this. I've seen plenty of dubious ones for sale that simply don't look like the wear and the miles match up. Cars with their engine in the workshop that have done a lowly 60k but have shot exhaust valves, spark plugs that look like they have done LeMans yet the stamps say a measly figure in the book each year. These cars are 20+ years old and the odometer can be wriggled forward and unplugged, swapped out, a switch installed under the dash and so on. I remember it being rife in the 90s on Golf GTIs after discovering mine had been clocked. There is more money at stake now and for sure it goes on. As it also does on computer odometers in the 997 and 991 to avoid extra payments before handing them back. I view them all as potential clocked cars including my own on over 150k - how would I or anyone else be able to verify the unknown?

Agree with the 993 playing catch up now to the 964. It's time will come - and it will be interesting when it does as it has never been unloved.

tyinsky said:
wozy said:
It always amases me that the 993 is probs the only aircooled 911 that generally you rarely seen clocked...

Really doubt this. I've seen plenty of dubious ones for sale that simply don't look like the wear and the miles match up. Cars with their engine in the workshop that have done a lowly 60k but have shot exhaust valves, spark plugs that look like they have done LeMans yet the stamps say a measly figure in the book each year. These cars are 20+ years old and the odometer can be wriggled forward and unplugged, swapped out, a switch installed under the dash and so on. I remember it being rife in the 90s on Golf GTIs after discovering mine had been clocked. There is more money at stake now and for sure it goes on. As it also does on computer odometers in the 997 and 991 to avoid extra payments before handing them back. I view them all as potential clocked cars including my own on over 150k - how would I or anyone else be able to verify the unknown?

Agree with the 993 playing catch up now to the 964. It's time will come - and it will be interesting when it does as it has never been unloved.

I did say generally. :) I compare 993s to the 964 and earlier 3.2 and SC. You just dont seem to find so many of such high mileage of the latter three than you do the 993 IMO.

:eek:

You sure you're not even a little bit related to George Eaton :dont know:

:grin:

MattyR - sad times indeed! I am absolutely certain that it'll get snapped up at that price VERY shortly indeed (I would if I hadn't bought mine quite recently).

when its sold mattyr, do you see yourself getting back into air-cooled one day, or is that your itch scratched?

good luck with this sale, its a beautiful colour.

palladium.

Wozy, I've never really looked closely at anything earlier than a 964. Nice to know I'm not alone in acknowledging it has been going on forever and still is. :thumbs:

MattyR, that car will sell fast. Looks an absolute bargain. I would of bought it if I was looking for one. Hope the new house makes everyone happy :)

Ahhh, thanks for all the comments chaps. I have a couple of interested parties already so fingers crossed.

Spread the word: there is no cheaper manual 993 on the planet (that's probably true).

Palladium said:
when its sold mattyr, do you see yourself getting back into air-cooled one day, or is that your itch scratched?

good luck with this sale, its a beautiful colour.

palladium.

Mate it's a diffucult one. I'm an enthusiast who's dream car has always been a 993. Basically a combination of lack of use and a little cottage we have fallen in love with has meant the old girl is up for sale.

So, lacking the deeper pockets of some of the other gentlemen here, my air cooled flirtation is probably over for now. BUT, one day I do plan on nabbing a 356 coupe. That's my next port of call, but probably a ratty little outlaw I can tinker with. That or a 912...

Given it a share to a couple of buddies who are after one :) Hopefully they get in touch!

Looks a lovely car, Matty!

Hi,

I work at JZM so if you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I don't think the Vesuvius C2S with us is your old car, the clock has been taken out and there are no signs that it has ever been tampered with or taken apart so it has not been clocked.

Attachments

• img_20180112_wa0015_936.jpg
    img_20180112_wa0015_936.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 4,677
Porsche911fan said:
Hi,

I work at JZM so if you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I don't think the Vesuvius C2S with us is your old car, the clock has been taken out and there are no signs that it has ever been tampered with or taken apart so it has not been clocked.

So you are able to prove that instrument has never been swapped out for another one for periods of time, unplugged, or had a switch installed stopping the power to it?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back