Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bovee 1000 iPod connection interface + oem Gen2 cable

Thanks Phil.

I like my music and so do not have enough storage on my iPhone for my library so I bought a 128 ipod so I could download any music I wanted from Spotify. I'm old school so still a bit dubious about streaming especially when abroad!

I read a few reviews of the Bovee (maily Audi users) who complained of poor call quality and lower music quality when using the phone. Have you expeienced this?

Also, I assume I can synch my phone to the PCM as well as the iPod via the Bovee at the same time?

Thanks
Grant

Fed said:
Thanks Phil.

I like my music and so do not have enough storage on my iPhone for my library so I bought a 128 ipod so I could download any music I wanted from Spotify. I'm old school so still a bit dubious about streaming especially when abroad!

I read a few reviews of the Bovee (maily Audi users) who complained of poor call quality and lower music quality when using the phone. Have you expeienced this?

Also, I assume I can synch my phone to the PCM as well as the iPod via the Bovee at the same time?

Thanks
Grant

Hi Grant, yes I pair the phone to the PCM directly for calls and use the bovee to stream music from my Phone , the only issue I see from streaming from an ipod is keeping the ipod charged but thats if you were leaving the ipod in the car permanently. if you were taking it with you and charging it as you would a phone and then it bluetooth connects when you get in the car then I dont see why that wouldnt work for you. re the quality of music well yes compressed music will never be quite as good as listening to a CD or live lol . but there is no difference between listening to compressed music directly from an apple devise or via bovee IMO. hope that helps :thumb:

Thanks Phil.

If I am using bluetooth and not plugging the iPod into the UAI I have the lighting socket available to charge from the power socket in the car, so problem solved!

Shame I wasted £30 on the 30 pin adaptor, but hey ho, you live and learn.

Thanks for your help.
Grant

If you don't have one of these I'd thoroughly recommend them.

I use one with my iPhone X, which in turn has a Pitaka case and Magmount qi holder/charger to sit on in my 911.

This means charging and PCM connectivity taken care of wirelessly.

Hmm. Think PM didn't go for some reason.
Anyway I've bought it off your eBay advert.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back