Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mysterious leak.....

Steve800

Hi,
I'm a Newbie here - take care! First Porsche, a couple of months in (loving it, by the way). Normally it (2005 Carrera manual) is parked slightly nose down on the drive. After leaving it in the garage on the flat for a couple of days there was a little pool of fluid under the back, on the centre line of the car, about 900mm in from the back bumper. It was clear and not quite oily. It's rained a lot here but it wasn't water. I'm puzzled. Not seen anything like it before. Car seems fine, no warning messages. Ideas?
Steve

Hi mate
Welcome and congrats on the new car. A little housekeeping first. One may not submit an RFI until they have submitted several pictures of their p&j. Once we've seen the car we can be sure you are real and not some AI program looking to fleece us all.
:floor:

Welcome Steve, as FZP says we need pics of your toy lol. I am sure demort or the like will be along soon to throw some ideas at what it might be thats causing the puddle :thumb:

Photos, as requested.

Steve.

Attachments

• gs_and_911_173.jpeg
    gs_and_911_173.jpeg
    935.5 KB · Views: 1,934
  • 911_golf_and_snow_571.jpeg
    911_golf_and_snow_571.jpeg
    711.1 KB · Views: 1,934
theres something really nice about a pic of a 911 with snow on it. Great looking car Steve

It drove quite well on it too! I was coming back from Stansted mid-December. The last bit of road, a slight hill, was sheet ice - a problem, until I switched the PSM off.
Steve.

Steve800 said:
It drove quite well on it too! I was coming back from Stansted mid-December. The last bit of road, a slight hill, was sheet ice - a problem, until I switched the PSM off.
Steve.

Good to hear your using it as intended and its not just a garage ornament. despite what many think these cars are not actually paper mache and are fully waterproof like a proper car :floor: :floor:

Did it look as if it was a similar position to this photo? if so then i thought this was a leak from a car i was looking at but Demort put me right as this is the discharge point of the AC. So on your car maybe it just emptied after you park on the flat rather than the incline

Attachments

• 20171014_122233_400x225_770.jpg
    20171014_122233_400x225_770.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,881
Leak is not going to be pentosin ( power steering ) it would be to the right , green and its oil .

What you describe kinda sounds like antifreeze so is the coolant lvl low ?

If not then i agree with TheFinn .. probably a/c water from the front .

A picture of the leak / the area of the engine would help an awfull lot when trying to diagnose :)

Edit ..

Could you move the car slightly so i can see the bike better .. my preference out of the 2 :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back