Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ducktail 4s

badbox said:
Hey all
Any uk links for a ducktail closest to a genuine part in size and shape .

Also must I change the front bumper or would I be ok with the standard gen 1 front . I will never track the car :)

Even though the ducktails which replace the complete boot lid probably look better overall, I quite like the idea of replacing the existing lifting spoiler only using e.g. the ducktail from Moshammer in Germany. It looks sturdy (High Performance Composite) and uses existing OEM fixing points so installation looks simple and easily returned to original if required.

Anyone tried this on their 997.2 ?

http://moshammer.com/products/porsche-911-traditionrs-bodykit/

That Moshammer one is maybe a bit Too Max Power? My vote goes for the RPM carbon version.

Attachments

• image_392.jpeg
    image_392.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6,960
RPM Carbon Ducktail,
Painted by Finish Line in Graveley, Hertfordshire

The base of the tail is an exact replica of the OEM underside so the airflow stays the same

Attachments

• untitled_494.jpg
    untitled_494.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 6,781
I like how you've had that painted. I'd want one painted to match the car and though about leaving the edge unpainted so it looked like the old rubber lip from a distance. Something like this

early_tail.jpg

i imagine any decent paintshop would be able to do it.

I felt itd be a shame to buy a Carbon and then not have any on display.

kingston said:
RPM Carbon Ducktail,
Painted by Finish Line in Graveley, Hertfordshire

The base of the tail is an exact replica of the OEM underside so the airflow stays the same

That looks absolutily the biz amazing what effect a really good sprayer can get you. :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back