Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Touring Unicorn spotted

I would struggle to decide between the two. I think they're stunning in their own unique way.

Touring Unicorn Spotted

Tourings are a coming, first cars should arrived around 1st March-ish, possibly a little earlier for some.
Touring cars offer an alternative: it's good to have the options of 'to wing or not to wing". Different strokes, I suppose.

If it were to be your only Porker it would surely be a tough call, but if you also had a Clubsport or RS of some guise as a keeper and your dealer would give you the build slot on the new car, then a GT drivetrain in a less conspicuous shape surely lives in the realms of being perfectly acceptable? And lets face it - almost nobody who is being allowed to order these has only a single Porsche... :dont know:

I love the Touring look as I'm not a fan of big wings; if only they had a rear seat option....and I could get an allocation :floor:

I'm not sure the colour and chrome trim flatters the Touring look in the photo above.

Cameo said:
I love the Touring look as I'm not a fan of big wings; if only they had a rear seat option....and I could get an allocation :floor:

:?:

I rang up and asked for you :wink:

They said your Panamera is on it's way to you :floor:

:thumb:

I quite like the Panamera in Sports Turismo guise but they don't do a manual :D

In fact the only model I would buy in the current Porsche line up is the one they won't sell me. I suspect I'm not alone in that thinking :?:

Cameo said:
In fact the only model I would buy in the current Porsche line up is the one they won't sell me. I suspect I'm not alone in that thinking :?:
No, you're not alone at all. Probably several hundred people in the same queue. :food:

Would be interesting to see just how many GT3 cars would be sold in the UK if there was no restriction on availability.

Cameo said:

Due to differences to the body it hasn't been possible (even as a retrofit) to put rear seats in a GT3 since the 997.1, thus you don't need an allocation after all. You must be so relieved... :hand:

Disco said:
Cameo said:

Due to differences to the body it hasn't been possible (even as a retrofit) to put rear seats in a GT3 since the 997.1, thus you don't need an allocation after all. You must be so relieved... :hand:

:p :thumb:

And think of the money I'm saving! :D

another raid of the parts bin by the marketing chumps.

a gt3 should be full fat with all the wings, lunmps, bumps, oddities and not so comfy bits to it please. its a fecking race car for the road....not a shopping sofa. that is what normal porkers are for now right with PDK? ;-)

the gt3 has been softened up too much already for my liking and with this touring shizzle they are close to pushing it over the edge. doing the PDK offering in the 991.1 version was sacrilege alone. now this!

a Touring is a BMW estate in my books.

NLW73 said:

a gt3 should be full fat with all the wings, lunmps, bumps, oddities and not so comfy bits to it please. its a ***** race car for the road....not a shopping sofa. that is what normal porkers are for now right with PDK? ;-)

+10 :)

NLW73 said:

a gt3 should be full fat with all the wings, lunmps, bumps, oddities and not so comfy bits to it please. its a ***** race car for the road....not a shopping sofa. that is what normal porkers are for now right with PDK? ;-)

the gt3 has been softened up too much already for my liking and with this touring shizzle they are close to pushing it over the edge. doing the PDK offering in the 991.1 version was sacrilege alone. now this!

Agree.....

GT3 Touring Pack :nooo:

Attachments

• porsche_911_gt3_touring_pack_224.jpg
    porsche_911_gt3_touring_pack_224.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 4,042
Now spotted in OPC West London

Attachments

• 5ea3f804_5256_4dfb_8f45_dd3577844b02_154.jpeg
    5ea3f804_5256_4dfb_8f45_dd3577844b02_154.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 3,762
  • 6863081f_9283_46cf_8a8e_edc4bc71a33a_130.jpeg
    6863081f_9283_46cf_8a8e_edc4bc71a33a_130.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 3,762
  • e465e0ab_ed6e_4ff1_b877_4a42aa4517eb_177.jpeg
    e465e0ab_ed6e_4ff1_b877_4a42aa4517eb_177.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 3,762
Chris Harris picked his up from Reading OPC last week, black with gold wheels.

One imagines he did not struggle to get on 'the list'

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back