Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Albert Motorsport 4.0???

BChivs

Interesting. They offer a 4.3 version too for not much more (along with standard sizes).

Does anyone have any experience of these?

4.3 sounds interesting :redangel:

I hadn't heard of Albert until I saw their stand at Dinslaken 2014.

They do some quite 'extreme' stuff.

Translation of eBay post:

"Porsche 996 - 997 Carrera 4.0 liter AT engine replacement engine from Albert - Motorsport

We build durable 996 - 997 Carrera engines with nodular graphite cylinders for your Porsche. All of us overhauled Porsche
996 - 997 Carrera AT engines are manufactured by us according to the RAL quality guidelines, in our certified automotive master craftsman in
following equipment, from Oberhausen / Rhld mounted and installed in your car:

In 4.0 liter AT engine replacement engine - price includes:

All engine parts are also visually in mint condition.
All sheet metal parts are blasted and powder coated
The alternator is cpl. possibly overhauled as AT - Lima delivered
All wearing parts in the engine are acc. Listing renewed!
The installation price also includes all equipment!
The 4.0 liter motor offered here brings, for example during the conversion of the 3.6 liter
Variant without further changes, an additional power of 25 hp
and over 70 Nm!
Our technicians and car masters carry out the following work on the AT engines:
Under the following options you can see exactly what you get from us for your money:

911 - 996 - 997 Carrera 4.0 liter replacement engine:

component:

Work done by us:

standard-
Work

block

cleaned, dismantled, measured, blasted with glass beads, bolts renewed if necessary, if required Heli Coil inserts mounted and bearing lanes spindled, heat exchanger system checked, possibly renewed. ** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
crankshaft

cleaned, measured, polished, ground if necessary and fine balanced if necessary
** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
oil pump

cleaned, sifted, measured, possibly renewed. ** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
pleuel

cleaned, measured, adjusted, reworked bearings, re-stored and re-worn connecting rod eyes. Connecting rod possibly renewed. ** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
cylinder

Replaced, renewed against high-quality spherical graphite cylinders, including assembly in the engine block and extensive machining of the engine block. gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
piston

There are 6 completely new 4.0 liter forged pistons with piston pin made and the ball graphite cylinders are adapted to match. gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
piston rings

Piston rings renewed by high-strength hard variant for ball graphite cylinder gru% CC% 88ner-hook.png
camp

All bearings completely renewed gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
timing chains

Timing chains renewed gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
Chain guides

renewed gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
chain housing

cleaned, glass ball blasted, if necessary planned gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
chain tensioner

cleaned, checked, renewed if defective gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
intermediate shaft

cleaned, measured, if necessary renewed, bearing checked if necessary renewed, camp chair renewed. ** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
sprockets

cleaned, measured, renewed if necessary together with the KW gear. ** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
seals

All gaskets and seals are renewed gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
Simmerringe

All Simmerrings are renewed gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
cylinder heads

cleaned, glass ball blasted, all guides measured renewed if necessary, all valve seats added and all angles grinded, valves ground, cylinder seat measured, if necessary, reworked by planning. gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
valves

cleaned, measured, valve seats, angle grinded, valve seats grinded in the cylinder head, valves highly polished gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
hydraulic tappets

cleaned, tested, renewed when worn. ** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
oil pumps

cleaned, measured, possibly renewed. ** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
camshafts

cleaned, measured, if necessary reground or cpl. renewed. ** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
sprockets

cleaned, measured, renewed if necessary. ** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
screw

All screws from the periphery are renewed. gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
nuts

All nuts are renewed. gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
holder

All holders galvanized or powder coated gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
alternator

AT - alternator installed or existing alternator overhauled. gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
air filter

New gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
oil filter

fan belt

spark

spark plug

checked, possibly renewed gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
injectors

cleaned, sprayed surface checked, renewed if necessary. ** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
injection
cables

cleaned, tested, if necessary galvanized or renewed. ** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
Engine harness

cleaned, measured, repaired, possibly renewed. ** Renewal surcharge Gru% CC% 88ner-haken.png
cable connector

cleaned, re-soldered sockets, if necessary."

T8 said:

After reading the rennlist thread I wouldn't be using this company. Things can go wrong when you do this kind of project and you need a good relationship with your Indy. I don't think either the customer or the Indy come across well in the thread but there's enough there to make me take my business else where.

Wow that story does not read well. My 2p would be that any warranty was void as he allowed someone else to strip the engine. But to be fair he had clearly lost faith in the company. I had to make a similar choice with my gearbox. Whilst the first company offered to have a 3rd attempt I had lost faith in them and it was costing a fortune getting it removed and put back in. I had to make a choice... Back to the link, it is unclear what exactly caused the chaps newly built engine to fail but one things for sure those rods look cheap and nasty and no doubt were not fit for purpose. The stock rods look stronger. As for budgets well, there was clearly a breakdown of communication there and he should have asked for updates throughout.

If you are looking for a 4L upgrade on the M96 then it is hartech or auto farm here in the UK.

The above is a case of 'buy cheap, buy twice'. C. £13k for a full mezger build with 3.8l mahle pistons, motorsport oil pump and carrillo rods is far too cheap!

Cunno said:
T8 said:

After reading the rennlist thread I wouldn't be using this company. Things can go wrong when you do this kind of project and you need a good relationship with your Indy. I don't think either the customer or the Indy come across well in the thread but there's enough there to make me take my business else where.

Yep that was my exact thoughts as well after reading the RL link :thumb:

Albert, Albert, Albert........... :?:

396fc3be1b652f19810ef745328dae34.jpg

:grin:

Makes a very intresting read, wonder how or what the outcome was

Hmm. I'd be pretty fuming if I received a lower spec than I asked for but at a hugely increased price, let alone it being undrivable upon collection... And then going pop within 2k miles...
Seems Albert just went with the old get-out clause, though owner should have foreseen that and mitigated.

Shame, an indestructible 4.0 or 4.3 off-the-shelf would be a tempting prospect indeed.

JS1500 said:
Shame, an indestructible 4.0 or 4.3 off-the-shelf would be a tempting prospect indeed.

Think Hartech have got the former sorted out. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back