Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leak with antifreeze after a hard run

Change the coolant tank cap as that is leaking .

Last picture is not a coolant leak from what i can see.

A pressure test will confirm a leak or not on the system but as mentioned on the turbo the engine the bonded pipe is a problem .

Do most people just get the standard cap from opc or is there a upgrade??

No 'upgrade' just the .4 revision.
Not sure how they got the design wrong for the previous iterations!

When the coolant pipes over the top of the engine started to leak on mine coolant could be found running down the side of the engine and onto the rear anti roll bar.......

Attachments

• image_424.jpeg
    image_424.jpeg
    767.4 KB · Views: 7,757
Newbie - take care! First Porsche, 6 weeks in (loving it, by the way). Normally it (2005 Carrera) is parked slightly nose down on the drive. after leaving it in the garage on the flat for a couple of days there was a little pool of fluid under the back, centrally, about 900mm in from the back bumper. It was clear and not quite oily. It's rained a lot here but I don't think this wasn't water. I'm puzzled. Not seen anything like it before. Car seems fine, no warning messages. Ideas?
Steve

Check if its near the wheel area for a leaking shock absorber.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back