Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 GT3 Clubsport floor mats

Trap 125

I'm looking for a new set of carpet mats. Does anybody know if you can get the drivers side mat with a pre-cut space for the front cage? The mat that is in the car at the mo looks like its just been cut with a stanley knife...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ossie

Yes you can. Mate had a white blue 996 RS and it had the mat with the cut out as he had full cage with front bars in.

Not sure where. Have you tried your local poc or even design 911?.

The clubbie and Rs will have a unique part number for it.

I remember the sun visor being different too as it had like a side flap bit on it as normal visor would foul on the cage otherwise when you lowered it.

I tried to find one but never could, likewise for the passenger side. You could get one tailored, I cut mine and then went with a metal version from rennline with self made cut out.

Attachments

• b7d4988d_b74c_4408_a673_0d2cb36b1faf_168.jpeg
    b7d4988d_b74c_4408_a673_0d2cb36b1faf_168.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 4,746
Works well and easy to take out a wipe down. Much easier to keep clean than the fabric version. Also means no more heel wear on the floor pad.

Marginally lighter aswell so must mean at least an extra equivalent 5bhp :wink:

NLW73 said:
Yes you can. Mate had a white blue 996 RS and it had the mat with the cut out as he had full cage with front bars in.

Not sure where. Have you tried your local poc or even design 911?.

The clubbie and Rs will have a unique part number for it.

I remember the sun visor being different too as it had like a side flap bit on it as normal visor would foul on the cage otherwise when you lowered it.

I haven't tried my OPC... I'll give them a call... thanks.

Would a standard sun visor fit if it was installed permanently in the down position? I was thinking of fitting a sun strip on the inside of the screen as an alternative...

Stuart said:
I tried to find one but never could, likewise for the passenger side. You could get one tailored, I cut mine and then went with a metal version from rennline with self made cut out.

Thanks Stuart. I like the look of what you've done. Did you have to get the metal version from the States? Was it easy to cut?

Mine were worn so I bought a set of standard 996 mats and measured the cage where it meets the floor and cut the hole out in paper first then on to the mat.

A decent carpet shop will be able to sort out a nice neat finish on your mats. Have a look at this link and the pictures therein. I got my local carpet supplier to tidy up the mat around the fire extinguisher. It could pass as OEM.

If you have absolutely no luck locally you could post them to him. I can give you their address and you could sort it through him. Twydall Carpets off the top of my head.

Pip

Link would help: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=92892&highlight=fire+extinguisher

Pip1968 said:
A decent carpet shop will be able to sort out a nice neat finish on your mats. Have a look at this link and the pictures therein. I got my local carpet supplier to beaten up the mat around the fire extinguisher. It could pass as OEM.

If you have absolutely no luck locally you could post them to him. I can give you their address and you could sort it through him. Twydall Carpets off the top of my head.

Pip

Link would help: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=92892&highlight=fire+extinguisher

Good idea Pip. I'm sure I can find somebody locally... I had a carpet place do my stair carpet!

Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back