Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Falken Azenis FK510 review

2nd hand tyres off ditchvisitor much better buy then BN Falkens :floor:

premium brand v budget brand :floor: no contest.

have you checked your ages on the falkens? especially the 453s....could be 2011 or older? ouchie. those Pirellis might be used but could be 2017s. take those all day.

I always check years and yes they are recently manufactured. Would you fit 2nd hand tyres without truly knowing their history on your GT3?

If it meant avoiding falkens or nankangs maybe

8) :floor:

Troll :redcard:

What is the Geo like on your car Alex, set to factory spec :?:

I`m not a fan of budget tyres to be honest, since owning Porschas I`ve become a massive fan of Michelin. When I bought my 996 it was on Bridgestones and it scared the living daylights out of me, the understeer was terrifying, I swapped wheels and tyres to Michelin PS3`s and it transformed the car :grin: Tweaked the Geo to +1 degree camber on the rear which dialled out the oversteer on tight corners at speed for my driving style :thumb:

If all else fails with your current setup, then try this :D

I'm with Alex on this tyre snobbery point, thanks for sharing your experience Of The falkens and the nankangs, I've had nankangs, falkens, pirelli, continentals, I found the worst were the old pzeros which were n rated, gripped then snapped when they let go, couldn't wait to run them down.

asterix_the_gaul said:
I'm with Alex on this tyre snobbery point, thanks for sharing your experience Of The falkens and the nankangs, I've had nankangs, falkens, pirelli, continentals, I found the worst were the old pzeros which were n rated, gripped then snapped when they let go, couldn't wait to run them down.

I think it is down to the car/tyre combination asterix_the_gaul, as I say above, I hated Bridgestone Potenzas on the 911, but love them on my 2500kg Mercedes :grin:

Pirellis last about 3 months/5000 miles for me, they are ok in the dry, but useless in the wet/damp :nooo:

I won`t buy budget tyres, I put a set of Hankooks on a Jag I had a few years ago, but one of my customers security guards pointed out that they were exposing the binding wires at around 3000 miles of use :nooo:

Like they say, you get what you pays for :grin:

I`ll be going Michelin PS cups next time round on the Porschas :D

yes, certainly I take your point, I've just never had any tyres I thought were really terrible but maybe I don't drive like enough of a lunatic all the time to notice... 3000 miles on new tyres and exposed wires is not the fault Of The tyres however, that's some suspension componant out of whack giving uneven wear.

set up is a good call and when did you last have it checked? maybe a trip to centre gravity is worth it.

back to the original comments it was the change of tyres that led to the big change in handling so I was not thinking about set up or geo. just a lot more grip on the front from a very different tyre, compound and tread pattern and newer tech.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back