Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche on demand service ! London

Let me know how you get on...I've often dreamed of a Porsche on demand service albeit ideally it would involve me being given the keys to an aircooled car whenever I fancied :floor:

I've downloaded the gett app,and emailed clubhouse for activation code

£20 flat fee for short journey is worth it for novelty factor :mrgreen:

askgeez said:
I've downloaded the gett app,and emailed clubhouse for activation code

£20 flat fee for short journey is worth it for novelty factor :mrgreen:

Same. Could do a London meet in on-demand-Porsches :hand:

Interesting, I was chatting to a chap in a resturant over xmas who has just ordered a fleet of mission E cars for a similar exec limo service based in London
is Porsche going to be the new black cab to see on the streets of the capital :grin: :thumb:

I wondered why I saw a 67 plate Panamera last night with a TFL licensed cab badge.

Shame the driver looked a complete tool, texting on his mobile while in traffic.

I've downloaded the App and entered a Code I obtained from PCGB. However, I can't seem to work out as to how to actually Book the Porsche taxi! I'm super keen to try it out though, as an cool alternative to Zone 1 Hackney Carriages.

If anyone has successfully used this service via the App, do share!!

Used it a few times today. Great service and the customer I was with thought it was a blast. Porsche in the taxi lane usually gets a finger from cabbies...not any more !! Note it does not start until 11am👍

Few observations:-

App is ok, pretty much same as Uber.
No GT3 RS or air cooled on the service :hand:
Not 100% sure of the fare structure but my first journey from Royal exchange to Moorgate was £15 in traffic about a mile. Before anyone screams at that the 3 mile journey from citypoint to London waterloo was £21. There must be a minimum charge plus mileage like usual hacks. So for circa 2-3 miles it appears to be about 20% more than a black cab. So a LOT less than usual limo companies in London.
Cars were with me within 3 mins of booking. Lunchtime and 3pm so not rush hour.
Cars were all immaculate and the licensed drivers (all done the knowledge) very engaging.

Best point. Heated seats in the back of a cayenne is sooo much more preferable to a warm seat in a London taxi ! Manganese bronze never fitted any heating mats in thiers so you need a dry cleaners if the hackney seat is warm 👍

There are 100 cars in the trial. Roughly 50 cayenne's 25 Macans and 25 panameras.

Will post an app how-to shortly...

,will be using them again tomorrow, The City to Fortnums for tea anyone ?

Attachments

• 9686c461_f3c1_42bb_9d2c_f0307acca122_815.jpeg
    9686c461_f3c1_42bb_9d2c_f0307acca122_815.jpeg
    577.3 KB · Views: 3,838
  • 22d06e9a_fa31_43b0_891e_669008921b88_166.jpeg
    22d06e9a_fa31_43b0_891e_669008921b88_166.jpeg
    518.8 KB · Views: 3,838
Getting started with the service. Long explanation but very simple really...

- Contact PCGB member services or your OPC for an individual code.
- Download GETT Taxi app for your device and register your details
- open the app and select coupon code from the top left menu. Put the individual code in here.
- enter your card details - NB[don't think they accept cash!]
- back on the main menu you will see the main screen with some car icons mooching around the map.
- At the top is a choice of car types. There is a porsche icon. It will only be selectable when the service is running eg after 11am. Select it and the Porsche's will be highlighted.

Booking Car
- you can either type the pickup address into the search bar by pressing the magnifying glass icon or turn on location services on your device and move the map to have the icon in the middle of the screen exactly where you are.
- zoom in/out is usual phone control.
- click set pickup.
- enter the destination.
- click order now
- map will reappear with a time/distance countdown to car arrival.
- once moving, the map shows progress on your journey.

- At the end of the journey the driver confirms on his map. You get a receipt by email..

Graemep said:
I wondered why I saw a 67 plate Panamera last night with a TFL licensed cab badge.

Shame the driver looked a complete tool, texting on his mobile while in traffic.

Probably using the app as they have to acknowledge bookings :?:

Phil 997 said:
Interesting, I was chatting to a chap in a resturant over xmas who has just ordered a fleet of mission E cars for a similar exec limo service based in London
is Porsche going to be the new black cab to see on the streets of the capital :grin: :thumb:

Really interesting to think about what is possible when we get to autonomous cars then? You use an app to order Car to pick you up at the pub. It takes you home. Second time it picks you up at the pub you get it to stop at the late night petrol station for bugles then takes you home...Car has a think about it....third time car picks you up at the pub but has bought the Bugles on the way to get you from the pub as its more efficient.....you decide to marry Car!

My usual journey home was severely delayed thanks to TFL and the Underground Woes - not what one needs on a busy Friday night. It was the perfect opportunity to try this service for myself; I must say, it was impressive.

The Driver collected me in a Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid. He was a Spanish guy (hence the PCM is not set to English!), and was very professional and knowledgeable about the car. Gotta admit, it was quite nice sitting "high up", especially in Central London, when in traffic. The cabin is a nice place to be, very comfortable and the on-board PCM has lots of cool features and toys. Lovely car, but not sure I'd pay £80k+ for it, I think the Macan gives the Cayenne a real run for the money.

Anyway, the ride home cost me about £20 extra than a usual taxi. It arrived within minutes, and I was quite happy to pay the difference for the pleasant experience of the journey, which includes bottles of VOSS water - a lovely little touch! It's not something I would need to do every day, so it was a bit of a privilege.

The scheme itself is only on a 6-month trial apparently, the future of it will be based on usage. The driver predicted an increase over the coming months, as it's already seeing an uptake. Once the hours of availability are extended, and more people learn about it, I think it will become quite popular.

Here are some pics....

Attachments

• img_2511_149.jpg
    img_2511_149.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 3,350
  • img_3352_150.jpg
    img_3352_150.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 3,350
  • img_3968_194.jpg
    img_3968_194.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 3,350
  • img_5458_667.jpg
    img_5458_667.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 3,350
  • img_8440_527.jpg
    img_8440_527.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 3,350
  • img_6470_205.jpg
    img_6470_205.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 3,350
  • img_8573_152.jpg
    img_8573_152.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 3,350
  • img_9114_436.jpg
    img_9114_436.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 3,350
I've just had an e-mail to advise that this service has been expanded considerably.

i.e

To just north of Camden Town in the North.

To Canary wharf and Isle of Dogs in the East.

To Fulham in the West.

To Wimbledon in the South.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back