Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 - a Porsche Classic

If values are going up, does that mean I need to wash mine as it's covered in road grime at the moment!

Shurv said:
I don't give a t*ss what it's worth, I bought mine ( 2002 C4S ) to drive. it's currently sitting on it's winter wheels and tyres ready for the next snowfall. I've put 35k miles on mine in the past 5 years, taking it from a garage queenly 40k to a more usable classic 75k. The car drives better than ever, all of the key maintenance items have been rectified ( rads,condensers,water pump, discs n pads, exhaust,clutch n flywheel, LTT, wheel refurb, centre gravity set up, coffin arms, top mounts etc etc ). It is ready for another 75k miles, it runs like a dream, and has now done the sort of mileage where I don't care about the numbers on the clock.
At 100k I shall declare in worthless and enjoy it all the more, fixing stuff as it wears out/breaks, respray it when the paintwork gets all scabby, and enjoy some more. When the engine dies, it will go off to Hartech for a full monty rebuild, ready for a whole load more miles.
Having a great drivers car and being scared to drive it seems really sad, for both the owner and the car, as these cars need to be driven to keep them tip top. Having one sitting under a cover in a garage for weeks on end seems pointless, if you want an investment, buy art.
This is only my opinion of course, and like arseh*les, we all have one, and they are all different. :D :D

:thumb: totally agree :thumb: even the bit about A55holes :grin: :grin:

the term has to be usable everyday classic :thumb:

I couldn't have worded any of the above any better, it's a car drive it, in fact wring it's neck that what it's built for not an ornament in a garage.

Locosaki said:
I couldn't have worded any of the above any better, it's a car drive it, in fact wring it's neck that what it is as built for not an ornament in a garage.

Easier to say that when you have a full Hartech rebuild! :lol:
Just kidding, I have faith in mine as it is. Sorta.

Haha fair point although my wallet disagrees

I do have some sandals to go with my 996,,,,but they are now called sliders!!! that is what the young uns call them now a days !!!

The 996 will become a classic in time, i am sure, but only time will really tell

I started at an OPC in 2004 so just as the last of the 996 where coming through and the first cars i did a PDI on and learnt about , A Porsche Novice in those days though !

Always going to have a soft spot in my heart , you love what you start with .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back