Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Option Code 220 on 2010 997.2 Turbo

From the Porsche Website :

"Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) and Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)

PTV (with manual transmission) or PTV Plus (with PDK) is available as standard in the S models and as an option for the 911 Carrera 4 models. Both systems actively enhance vehicle dynamics and stability. Operating in conjunction with a rear differential lock, they work by intelligently braking the rear wheels as the situation demands.

When the car is driven assertively into a corner, moderate brake pressure is applied to the inside rear wheel. Consequently, a greater amount of drive force is distributed to the outside rear wheel, inducing an additional rotational pulse (yaw movement) around the vehicle's vertical axis. This results in a direct and sporty steering action from the turn-in point.

With PTV, the rear differential lock is regulated mechanically, while PTV Plus is equipped with electronic control offering fully variable torque distribution. In interaction with Porsche Stability Management (PSM), the system improves driving stability not least on road surfaces with varying grip as well as in the wet and snow.

For the driver, this means strong resistance to destabilising side forces, outstanding traction and great agility at every speed – with precise turn-in and well-balanced load transfer characteristics. What else? Tremendous fun in the corners."

So I would say PTV is an intelligent LSD with a hint of ABS thrown in
:thumb:

Thx Kris! Much appreciated. But isn't that for the 991? They moved the PTV game on with the 991... or was that 997.2?

I would think that they would be the same, given that they both include the PDK option :dont know:

A bit like TC was TC and PSM is PSM etc, 2 different types of the same thing :thumb:

kurlykris said:
I would think that they would be the same, given that they both include the PDK option :dont know:

A bit like TC was TC and PSM is PSM etc, 2 different types of the same thing :thumb:

Ah yes... except PASM is different as is the pdk. ;-)

Jcx said:
kurlykris said:

Porsche Stability Management is Porsche Stability Management, Porsche Active Suspension Management is Porsche Active Suspension Management and they are 2 completely different things Jcx, don`t confuse PSM with PASM, one is traction control, the other is suspension stiffness control.
PDK is PDK, Porsche double clutch seamless change gearbox :thumb:

You are right. But, the capabilities of PASM from 997.2 to 991 changed. The same is true for PDK. The behaviour changed from 997.2 to 991. Hence it's possible, neigh likely, that the PTV capabilities and features changed from launch (997.2 turbo) to 991.many.

kurlykris said:
Jcx said:
kurlykris said:

Porsche Stability Management is Porsche Stability Management, Porsche Active Suspension Management is Porsche Active Suspension Management and they are 2 completely different things Jcx, one is traction control, the other is suspension stiffness control.
PDK is PDK, Porsche double clutch seamless change gearbox :thumb:

Yes, I believe they added rear wheel steering on the 991 as part of the PTV system :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back