Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension Dilemma!

Having had a rethink on this I am now seriously considering 7mm front, 15mm rear and Ruf Sports Springs. I am doing a bit of a u-turn here but keep coming back to Ruf after ironing a few things out this week.. 8)

Just to bear in mind, with a 7mm spacer it would most likely be a flat spacer which is not a great idea, as the weigh all sits on the nuts you would want a hubcentric spacer which has a lip like the oem hub so the weight sits on hub: you can only get them in about 10mm plus due to the physical limitations.
I would drop it first, let it settle and see how it looks then start thinking about spacers..

C4-STORM said:
Having had a rethink on this I am now seriously considering 7mm front, 15mm rear and Ruf Sports Springs. I am doing a bit of a u-turn here but keep coming back to Ruf after ironing a few things out this week.. 8)

I'm currently thinking that Ruf springs look like a good solution too.... but I'm going with the spacers first (15mm all round) it's the cheaper option first too :lol: then lower to match the spacers :dont know: I'm looking for a fat look rather than a low one though really :bandit:

asterix_the_gaul said:
Just to bear in mind, with a 7mm spacer it would most likely be a flat spacer which is not a great idea, as the weigh all sits on the nuts you would want a hubcentric spacer which has a lip like the oem hub so the weight sits on hub: you can only get them in about 10mm plus due to the physical limitations.
I would drop it first, let it settle and see how it looks then start thinking about spacers..

Ruf do a 7mm Hub Centric spacer, their spacers are lovely but price tag to go with and they won't recommend using them with any wheels other than their own :roll:

Just my opinion.
When it comes to spacers buy the best possible and genuine hubcentrics preferably. I had some bad experience with cheap (not that cheap but cheaper than eibach) ones on a car that ripped the lug off two sets (the bit that sticks out that the alloy centres on) and caused loads of vibration issues. In the end bit the bullet bought the eibachs and they were great. Depends on manufacturer but usually 5mm or less is a flat spacer and the wheel may not centre which will cause vibrations at speed.

Ordered from Ruf today. Will post some pics after fitment :thumbs:

Attachments

• image_779.jpeg
    image_779.jpeg
    806.2 KB · Views: 3,500
  • image_385.jpeg
    image_385.jpeg
    759.9 KB · Views: 3,500
& 7mm hubcentrics for the front with longer Ruf bolts..

Attachments

• image_969.jpeg
    image_969.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 3,496
Spacers are on now and I am impressed with the quality - you get what you pay for! Changed the front bolts for H&R studs. I will post pics when we get a decent day. But they are a bit of a must have now they're on. I decided to fit the springs separately so that you guys can see the difference with spacers only first. Hope to fit springs next week..

Attachments

• image_883.jpeg
    image_883.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,256
  • image_332.jpeg
    image_332.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,256
Good call on the spiggoted 7mm fronts better option than the flat that most companies sell in that size. , just as a note for others, Porscheshop sell the spiggoted spacers down to 3mm :thumb:

Dont worry if they look a bit wide with spacers at stock ride hight as the lowering springs will pull the top camber in slightly and give you the arch clearance :grin: :thumb:

Good shout Phil :thumb:
Must say she looks the nuts now.. :grin:

Looking forward to seeing it with the spacers on Sunday morning mate :thumb:

I'm hoping to still come over but the missus has 'Aussie Flu' mate.
I had it first but when I had it, it was called 'Man Flu' and apparently that's quite common and doesn't warrant any sympathy whatsoever :frustrated:

C4-STORM said:
I'm hoping to still come over but the missus has 'Aussie Flu' mate.
I had it first but when I had it, it was called 'Man Flu' and apparently that's quite common and doesn't warrant any sympathy whatsoever :frustrated:

:floor: :floor: :floor: I always thought man flu was practically terminal and you needed full time care and bed rest mate . shes should think herself very very lucky you survived. :grin:
tell her to "man up " cant be as bad as having kids or so they keep rattling on about how bad it is , she's lucky that women dont suffer with manflu and only have childbirth as the worst thing to contend with. :floor:

:floor: ... :help:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back