Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Transfers/graphics for release levers

MisterCorn

Fuji
I am looking at options for replacing the graphics on my release levers. The levers can be rubbed down and repainted, but what is the best way to replace the graphics? Does anybody know how they would have been done originally? I am happy to buy a load if required as pretty much everybody will need these one day or another.

The levers are available about £100 each, but refinishing must be cheaper.

MC

I've always presumed they are some kind of transfer :dont know: I wonder if one of the carbon dipping firms could make one for you.... I would imagine the factory used a similar method. :?:

Edit.. Another simple option is going to a local sign writer get them to scan it and make a mask for you.... Dab some paint on gently and thinly with a small sponge and remove the mask when paint is still wet... bobs ya uncle

25565543618_294fc03dda_b.jpg

I bought them from this chap: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/cbz281?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Who currently has nothing for sale, but if you messaged them might be persuade to either make a fresh batch or tell you where you could get some?

From how easily they rub off it looks like the originals only apply the graphics on the black parts, certainly not vinyl transfers. Given that it is 20 year old tech I am not sure how it is done.

MC

My car goes into paint on the 15th, as part of that the painter will rub back the levers, shoot them silver (does anyone have the paint code btw?), apply the decals and then shoot clearcoat - should be tough enough, and (I am assured) should look good.

I painted the levers with a BMW silver followed by clear coat then made my own graphics - find a good picture of the levers then copy & print the open bonnet/boot bits on to some transparent sticker paper (eBay) a normal inkjet printer will do it.

Del.

MisterCorn said:
From how easily they rub off it looks like the originals only apply the graphics on the black parts, certainly not vinyl transfers. Given that it is 20 year old tech I am not sure how it is done.

MC

Possibly the same stuff as the transfers you got in the old airfix kits :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back