Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

High Temp Grease v Copperslip

Scholester

Barcelona
What would you chaps use when fitting new lambda sensors to a new exhaust? I am not sure of the heat properties of Copperslip but I guess High Temp Grease wouldn't stand exhaust heat anyway?

Never Seez pure nickel will be the best option ;)

ELA said:
Typical lambda sensors see about 700 deg C.

:thumb: Bostik Never Seez Pure Nickel Special is good for almost 1500 deg C as an anti-seize compound, so excellent stuff in the prolonged severe temperature environment of a lambda sensor.

Indeed, any copper based grease is also worth considering (although a lower max temperature at approximately 1150 deg C).

DRZ911 said:
ELA said:
Typical lambda sensors see about 700 deg C.

:thumb: Bostik Never Seez Pure Nickel Special is good for almost 1500 deg C as an anti-seize compound, so excellent stuff in the prolonged severe temperature environment of a lambda sensor.

Indeed, any copper based grease is also worth considering (although a lower max temperature at approximately 1150 deg C).

Thanks chaps.
So my tub of Copperslip is fine then? I don't want to buy the Nickel stuff just for a couple of dabs but I would if the Copperslip isn't up to it!

Scholester said:
So my tub of Copperslip is fine then?
:thumb: Yes, no issues in this application.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back