Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

All you cabriolet owners...

shabs

Monza
Hi Guys,

As some of you may know I purchased a gen2 c4s cab last week and LOVE it :D :D :D

As this is my first cab,I have a question about roof maintenance/appearance...

I have booked the car in to get the roof, deep cleaned and protection coats applied, which I will do annually..... but wondering if I should get the roof recoloured too this time, while I am at it?

The car is exactly 8 years old and while the colour doesn't look particularly faded, just wondering if a new dash of black might improve things?!

Has anyone had this done recently? and if so were you pleased with the results?

Couldn't say as mine has a new roof as some kind soul slashed it about 18 months back.....

Ouch!!! ....a hanging offence in my book (along with anyone who finds it funny to keys cars)

Had mine done last year (blue) ... then a bird dropped a bomb on it and the area has been discoloured since .... can't win

So worth doing? :D

I think I will leave it to the valeter to do, as part of the whole clean and protect service....me, a sponge and black dye = complete disaster!! :grin: :grin:

Done mine twice now with renovo. Watch the video to see how easy it is. Deffo worth doing yourself on a yearly/other year basis. 3 part kit with brushes/tape/spone is around £38:

Thanks Alex, that is the product that my valet guy is going to use....seems fairly straightforward,but still think I will watch the first time round and then have a go myself on the next one...my biggest concern is the tide marks that I've already seen on some botched roofs!

Will give you all an update once its done :thumb:

Seriously......its a doddle. Roof would have to be seriously goosed to get it streaky.

I'm tempted :?: .... if there is any overspill, is it a simple wipe off with a damp cloth?

Yes, or just washes off after.

Ok...I am going to give it a whirl :)
I was concerned about getting the stuff all over the paintwork but if it washes off then that's fine....watch this space folks!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back