Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

Brand new set of OEM Speedline split rim targa wheels and centre caps.. eBay bargain of the year.

Started the plug, lead change. Lower cam cover leaking again. Started on the right side to get at no 6 plug and it's not too difficult. The flexy to the clutch vent is shot so new one ordered. Need to get this done soon as some pillock scraped my wing and pu so off to the body shop in the new year. Morimotos still not here, thx Pforce.

Been busy...last week front RS fog / brake ducts and steering wheel boss.. my Dad gave me his old 80s Momo race wheel so I cant wait to get tat installed. Also brought a factory RS aero kit from Porsche (due Feb..) this week, air induction kit. going to check out some Recaro pole position seats in few weeks so Ill be selling the stock ones (black leather if anyone interested?)

911livin said:
going to check out some Recaro pole position seats in few weeks so Ill be selling the stock ones (black leather if anyone interested?)

Hardbacks?

After much deliberation and reading of various articles about replacing just the glass! I bit the bullet and purchased two brand new front fog lights. Quality part which will tidy up the front no end.
I also purchased a cheap digital humidity / temperature gauge to check the levels in my garage.

A warning to nonVram owners, changing the plug leads is a real pia. There is not enough room to get at the cable clamps under the inlet manifold without removing the right bank and resonance chamber. Like a lot of jobs it may be easier to drop the engine and do all the other while you're in there jobs. I can't release the 2 allen bolts behind the heat exchanger in the cam cover either so it will just have to dribble a bit longer. I've scrapped the clutch vent pipe and will be fitting a tiptronic engine tin and airbox blank. The outlet pipe is now covered with wire mesh and will rely on the passive ventilation system, seems to work ok for some in the States.
My rubber elbow to the airbox was a bit chewed up, when I checked out the price of a new one it made my mind up to do without and it will be less hassle when I attack those lower cam covers again.

Fired her up today, all systems working. I love this car but she's a bitch to work on.

Endoman said:
Fired her up today, all systems working. I love this car but she's a bitch to work on.

Do you think so?, never had any problems and I've done all sorts of horror jobs.

Of course having to take the exhausts off to change the plugs, I see where you are coming from.........

911livin said:
Been busy...last week front RS fog / brake ducts and steering wheel boss.. my Dad gave me his old 80s Momo race wheel so I cant wait to get tat installed. Also brought a factory RS aero kit from Porsche (due Feb..) this week, air induction kit. going to check out some Recaro pole position seats in few weeks so Ill be selling the stock ones (black leather if anyone interested?)

I have PPs in mine and absolutely love them. Drop me a line if you need any advice on install as it isn't entirely straight forward! :thumb:

Attachments

• 26c55716_d40b_418b_9927_6a9ba92607c7_642.jpeg
    26c55716_d40b_418b_9927_6a9ba92607c7_642.jpeg
    393.1 KB · Views: 5,077
Worth having a look at Hans Hahn RS replica seats or even the new Ninemeister ones. Be sure to use the genuine Recaro sliders the Chinese copies are rubbish.
Old photo, carpets are now black.

Attachments

• hans_hahn_seats_174.jpg
    hans_hahn_seats_174.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 5,037
  • 9m_seat_198.jpg
    9m_seat_198.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 5,030
Nik said:
I have PPs in mine and absolutely love them. Drop me a line if you need any advice on install as it isn't entirely straight forward! :thumb:

They look great in your car. if I get stuck Ill pm you. Im planning to take out my passenger seat and drive to shop and get them to fit the PP so I can see procedure. then Ill bring back other seat and fit myself :hand:

Endoman said:
Worth having a look at Hans Hahn RS replica seats or even the new Ninemeister ones. Be sure to use the genuine Recaro sliders the Chinese copies are rubbish.
Old photo, carpets are now black.

They also look great, how you find them?

Hans Hahn is not the WW2 fighter ace but www.hahn-gfk.de/.
Nice chap to deal with does them in any colour combination to order. They come with side frames and the cheap runners which I changed. Very reasonably priced compared to PPs, don't have the webbing like the pukka RS ones. Dimensionally the same as PPs but he can made them wider if one is posteriorly enlarged.
I have SPGs in the 944 and they are a tight fit would have prefered PPs but I got them cheap. The Hans Hahn are not FIA approved but ok for track days.

What do the Hahn RS seats cost in leather?

Endoman said:
Hans Hahn is not the WW2 fighter ace but www.hahn-gfk.de/.
Nice chap to deal with does them in any colour combination to order. They come with side frames and the cheap runners which I changed. Very reasonably priced compared to PPs, don't have the webbing like the pukka RS ones. Dimensionally the same as PPs but he can made them wider if one is posteriorly enlarged.
I have SPGs in the 944 and they are a tight fit would have prefered PPs but I got them cheap. The Hans Hahn are not FIA approved but ok for track days.

I thought the OEM RS and Hahn seats were narrower than PPs ? That's my experience anyway. Having had them fitted into my car.

:?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back