Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 RS Spoiler - removing the end plates?

matt_SM

Season's greetings all.

The carbon end plates on my spoiler are badly faded, so I would like to remove them and have a body shop tidy them up over the winter. Both end plates appear to be secured to the main wing by two screws/nuts which themselves are covered by an end up cap and surrounding ring.

I have tried to prise the end caps off but they are not budging and I don't want force them off or snap something. I have previous in this crime!

Does anyone know how to remove the spoiler end plates? Google is not helping me today.

Thanks,
Matt

The OEM RS wing just has 2x torx screws on either end, no end cap to take off first.

Thanks Stuart. My car is a regular GT3 but it has sprouted an extra wing somewhere in it's life, but I have no details in the history to confirm which brand it is.

Given the price of an OEM item I will forgive the previous owner :)

I think I'll need to be brave and pick carefully at the caps, as there are clearly Allen / torx underneath.

Having searched further I see what you mean about the factory fittings..

Matt

If the laquer is at all suspect on the wing itself, I'd advise getting that refurbed at the same time. It's not a big job & saves a lot of work if you can get to it before water gets in under the laquer as it will then start to delaminate the weave - ask me how I know :frustrated:

While you're at it, it's also worth considering getting PPF applied so that you have a first line of defense against stone chips - you'd be amazed how much debris comes over the roof & down the sides to clout the rear wing.

My wing has done over 100K miles and been refurbed twice now, despite being covered in PPF.

Was going to say same as NXI20, I would get the whole wing done.
A relacquered wing should come up really nice and as good as new.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back