Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Shudder on acceleration

I had two coil pack fail in the summer resulting in recovery.

Replaced all 6 and the engine is now turbine smooth and you can really notice the difference.

toffeeman said:
Scholester said:
I would have thought that coil pack issues would have been apparent on the way to the garage and not just once the new fuel was added?

This was my thought exactly. No issues mentioned on way to garage but immediately after filling up with fuel. Maybe just a bad batch of fuel.

Bad batch is entirely possible. I once filled up with Esso Super and the car was very horrid. I was on a eurotrip and so I put Shell super in after half a tank and it was much better, ran that through and then a full tank of shell and it was back to normal. My thought was that the Esso super is very unpopular and therefore had probably been sat in the tank at the garage for ages.

lofi said:
toffeeman said:
Scholester said:
I would have thought that coil pack issues would have been apparent on the way to the garage and not just once the new fuel was added?

This was my thought exactly. No issues mentioned on way to garage but immediately after filling up with fuel. Maybe just a bad batch of fuel.

Bad batch is entirely possible. I once filled up with Esso Super and the car was very horrid. I was on a eurotrip and so I put Shell super in after half a tank and it was much better, ran that through and then a full tank of shell and it was back to normal. My thought was that the Esso super is very unpopular and therefore had probably been sat in the tank at the garage for ages.

My E92 M3 was also very fussy when it came to fuel. I wasn't particularly fussy about fuel brands as long as it was 99RON. From memory, I think ESSO Super was one it didn't like.

My last major service was in Feb 2017 so 10 months ago.

I took the car out this morning after letting it stand in the cold for the past few days. Scrapped the ice off and went for a run and no issues at all. Really strange after the horrid experience of a few days ago.

Touch wood the issue may have been a one off.

Thanks for all the responses, will keep you posted as I'll try and get out agin over the next few days.

Kevin.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back