Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Diagnostics gear

Does anyone have a reliable link of where to buy the Durametric system that will work on the 996 please?

Got a potential mis-fire that needs decoding!! :nooo:

aerokit said:
Does anyone have a reliable link of where to buy the Durametric system that will work on the 996 please?

Got a potential mis-fire that needs decoding!! :nooo:

Here you go mate, please see below. This is the cheapest you will find in UK, that price includes P/P & VAT so is a real bargain. These are the proper cables/kits and they get them directly from Durametric.

Give them a call, ask for Grant - he is good to speak with as well, and yes will work on the 996 - well according to Durametric Car Matrix:
https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_DURAENTH.html

I bought the Enthusiast version, reason why I did not go for the Professional was simple. I emailed and spoke with the Durametric guys in the states as was confused as to what exactly the Coding can do and the main differences are. So basically apart from the 3 VIN support then the only difference is the Coding, this coding is very limited to the Durametric software and the way it interacts with the ECU/modules..

So if you expect it to do the same as the PWIS then it will not...

If you expect to be able to install a new feature like Rear Park Assist or Cruise or install a new Steering Wheel Air Bag Module then it will not...

If for example you want to replace a module that has gone faulty, re-code it
and back/restore, then it will not... The backup feature is again purely related to the Durametric software and not to Porsche PWIS...

What the coding will do (again check Durametric website against your car..), will for example if you want to install a fixed rear wing then Yes it can disable the Auto-Rise feature, you can apparently adjust the ride height and also can do other stuff as well, but again is limited to the Durametric's own software constraints.... I could not get all the info out of Durametric to what exactly it can do !!

The Enthusiast will do exactly the same as the Professional but is limited to 3 VIN's and Coding side.

So basically if you intend to have more than 3 Porsches then get the Professional or if your in the Car servicing side then again get the Professional, or if you intend with play around with Durametric's coding then get the Professional.

Hope this helps fella..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back