Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel Advice

Thomp1983

Silverstone
Happy xmas folks, hopefully a straight forward question.

bjoq5Gj.jpg

can anyone tell me the proper name for my wheels above and also what there roughly worth without tyres. (18 inch genuine wheels, minor kerbing to a couple) I'm thinking of changing to lobster claws but would need to sell my old wheels to offset the cost so need to work out how much it's actually going to cost me

thanks

chris

Look like Turbo Twists. Can't help with price but it might be worth checking eBay for an idea?

Possibly not the best time of the year to try and sell, I would say £3-400 in current condition.

Thanks guys I probably wouldn't be selling them until into the new year and I'd be perfectly happy at £3-400

The hollow-spoke ones are worth more, aren't they?

Might be worth checking the part numbers on the inside, before selling.

Turbo twists commonly known as, Turbo look 1 also. they make 500 all day long on eBay more if they are pristine. There are two types of genuine wheel, the solid spoke and the hollow spoke. Hollow spokes are much more rare, significantly lighter and worth 2-3x the solid spokes. The difference you can check by feeling round the back Of The spokes, if it's smooth they are the hollowspokes if it's all indented it's solid spoke. Part numbers and weights and identifying pictures can all be found here http://www.944racing.de/wheelweights.php
Check the part numbers and pictures that they are genuine porsche wheels.

I'd be tempted to list them on eBay with reference to the Volkswagen scene. Popular wheel for modified vw's with correct hub adaptors. You'll probably get a fair few bids that way.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back