Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speed Yellow 997 C2S

[/quote]Just out of interest what month was the car registered? - or do you know what year / month the car was actually built? As its quite possible its a 2004 build car that has been registered in 2005, certainly its engine number is over 6000 units earlier than my May 2005 registered car![/quote]

Monster - FYI, mine was registered 1st Feb 05, and has the smaller bearing, engine number 68507901.

I had the outer seal removed during a clutch change (40k miles). The current consensus seems to be to leave it alone and not have it changed - especially not to anything aftermarket.

Poker2009 said:
Monster - FYI, mine was registered 1st Feb 05, and has the smaller bearing, engine number 68507901.

I had the outer seal removed during a clutch change (40k miles). The current consensus seems to be to leave it alone and not have it changed - especially not to anything aftermarket.

Thats interesting - yours missed out by just under 2000 units and is approx 4000 units earlier than my May registered car.

Viewed the car today,

Stunning condition - bodywork is fresh, paintwork, interior and underside.
Test drive was good, bad weather so couldn't push it hard - noticed a knock from the rear driver suspension (on a very bumpy road at slow speeds) - speaking with Paragon it does require new Rear Lower Control Arms.
Also the scavenge pump has a small weep, and again was noted in paragons last service (dec 2017) as an advisory.
These factors can be negotiated in the final price.

However, The previous owner just completed a major service (dec 2017) and carried out a Bore Score analysis at Paragon, the results showed light scoring on 5 & 6 but was deemed not an issue. I have been told it does not consume oil nor any evidence to indicate this (black tips, smoke etc).Would this make you walk away? I will have 12month warranty which covers these potential issues.
Also, the car was serviced with Mobil 1 0W40.

Whats your thoughts, I couldn't pull the trigger even after getting the cost of the above work factored in :?

Just to point out it has aftermarket parking sensors on it - not sure if that would put you off, but shows it has been fussed with, and there will be a box in there somewhere which will be in an odd place!

Seems a bit pricey for age/mileage, but i guess it is yellow (therefore rare), and dealers never really take much off the asking price.

As for scoring, tough call, but personally I think they will all show some signs of scoring at that sort of mileage and higher - whether it is a problem now or will become one in the future - who really knows!?

Was there a riviera blue c2 with a kit in the showroom? It's advertised on their site again. Sure that was bought recently.... :dont know: :dont know:

Yas.SYC4S said:
Viewed the car today,

Stunning condition - bodywork is fresh, paintwork, interior and underside.
Test drive was good, bad weather so couldn't push it hard - noticed a knock from the rear driver suspension (on a very bumpy road at slow speeds) - speaking with Paragon it does require new Rear Lower Control Arms.
Also the scavenge pump has a small weep, and again was noted in paragons last service (dec 2017) as an advisory.
These factors can be negotiated in the final price.

However, The previous owner just completed a major service (dec 2017) and carried out a Bore Score analysis at Paragon, the results showed light scoring on 5 & 6 but was deemed not an issue. I have been told it does not consume oil nor any evidence to indicate this (black tips, smoke etc).Would this make you walk away? I will have 12month warranty which covers these potential issues.
Also, the car was serviced with Mobil 1 0W40.

Whats your thoughts, I couldn't pull the trigger even after getting the cost of the above work factored in :?
Not knowing is one thing. Paying top dollar with the knowledge that engine work may be required sooner or later is another.
I would not allow myself to be seduced over the colour of a car - condition is always key.

I agree, thanks for all the advise and help over the last few days. I am going with my gut feeling (always do).

I think it's a great car, Oli is a top guy as well. Howerver, the price and some of the work required I feel it's not the right deal for me. Note, the car has had a front spray (missing the ID under the hood), missing the space saver, missing the second key (previous owner might have it).

For all the reasons above, I have decided to walk away. The search continues...

Yas.SYC4S said:
I agree, thanks for all the advise and help over the last few days. I am going with my gut feeling (always do).

For all the reasons above, I have decided to walk away. The search continues...

You did the right thing in my opinion :thumb:

Agree, it was top dollar you must expect totally straight and perfection for that , and although nice this car clearly was not that . keep searching and let your sister know while shes waiting, if she wants a run in one I am free :grin: :grin: :grin:

Lovely car, however so many seem to have issues on 5 and 6! Certainly more than the perceived 'tiny' percentage? :?:

£26,500 plus the £500 warranty. But I still feel the car requires ££££ to get it perfect and then the worry of Bore Score. Going with my gut feeling and walking away.

TBF, I think my sister is better off with a 996.2 (factory aero) Manual, will continue the search and test out as many examples before buying.

Phill - hahahah yeah just give her the keys to your Porsche :thumbs: I can't promise you will get them back, but you will get to meet her...

Yas.SYC4S said:
Phill - hahahah yeah just give her the keys to your Porsche :thumbs: I can't promise you will get them back, but you will get to meet her...

:grin: but it has got a tracker on it , so at least I could monitor her doing 160mph :floor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back