Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Driver app + Hardware ECU reader recommendations

BK911

Hi,

Been asked what I want for Xmas...

I've got an IPhone 6s and Alpine media receiver headunit with Appleplay...

Am I right in thinking you can buy a Bluetooth gizmo that you plug into the ecu plug that can then give lots of info to your phone?

Recommendations please :dont know:

Yeah you can pick them up for £10 or less on eBay...they plug into the OBD2 port and then connect to your phone via a bluetooth/wifi connection.

I bought an app called Dash Command which displays all the readings in various gauges and different types of layouts. Pretty decent app and works with the majority of readers.

Not quite sure on the alpine unit but I've got a Pioneer and it will display the app on the headunit so i don't need to look at the phone but I'm usually only using it when im stationary anyway.

Cant rate it against Dash Command but I use Torque. Reads fault codes and allows you to reset too. Has live data logging. I've always found it very useful.

Leon1davies said:
Yeah you can pick them up for £10 or less on eBay...they plug into the OBD2 port and then connect to your phone via a bluetooth/wifi connection.

I bought an app called Dash Command which displays all the readings in various gauges and different types of layouts. Pretty decent app and works with the majority of readers.

Not quite sure on the alpine unit but I've got a Pioneer and it will display the app on the headunit so i don't need to look at the phone but I'm usually only using it when im stationary anyway.

Exactly what I was looking for Leon1davies
:thumb:

DashCommand - OBD-II gauge dashboards, scan tool by Auto Meter Products, Inc.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dashcommand-obd-ii-gauge-dashboards-scan-tool/id321293183?mt=8

I'll order the dongle, wasn't sure whether you needed a branded one or not.. I'm not too techy but love information and this looks brilliant. I checked out Torque Pro App but they seem to have update issues since Nov?? Anyone use it have a problem? Really like the presentation of the Dash Command.

Cheers,
BK :D

Are you saying the Torque app reads codes and resets them? I thought only an expensive OBD2 reader could do that?

I bought the dongle linked to upthread and also purchased Dash Command - impressed, once I'd got it to work it was very good.

Studying the stored fault codes from my 850R has diagnosed the stumble, if only it could fix it!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back