Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The illusion has been shattered ....

Jonathon555

I have been a watcher of wheeler dealers since episode 1

But I have just re watched an episode on sky for a TVR S

And noticed they had fitted a ***** load more new parts to the car than they declared.

They claimed it had had a new brake servo only , but you could clearly see it had also had new discs calipers , brake lines etc

I always moaned that they never included ed's Time but that was just plain old illusion

They had obviously bought a lemon

Definitely happens quite a lot in this show, but in fairness it is really entertainment rather than a strictly factual programme.

I have been quite enjoying going back to the very early shows and seeing Mike scouring the old style "inkies" in the pre internet days. The budgets are hilarious, and that's before they begin to spend. Ed looks like he had just left school.
There is one episode where they save a Mercedes SLK that Mike bought online from an impound yard. Ed was bleeding the rustiest , cruddiest brake callipers I have ever seen in my life which did not get any attention at all, but in the end shots the car has new number plates :nooo:
The numbers never stack up but the show definitely got much more particular over how well the cars were turned out over the years

My favourite was the Capri laser and ed's Hand can paint job

It looked worse than when they bought it

They almost always fitted new tyres that were never part of the £££ either

Smoke and mirrors in that programme :bandit:

I know the guy who bought the 993. They fit far more parts than reported. I also know Ed China's eBay account and you could see many extra parts on there he'd purchased.

Wheeler Dealers........................Ed China spends hundreds of hours repairing a car and then they make £1000 profit :dont know:

He must be on £0.003p per hour....................That is a crime isn`t it :judge:

There must be some good YouTube series where they take the same idea but actually do it properly?

Mike Brewer is an epic mockney donkey and to watch him on screen is a threat to the serviceable nature of my television set. I do, however, like the bits that Ed does, so occasionally I'll watch WD but with one hand on the remote to switch over when Mike strolls into shot.

Best game is to check the MOT history of the cars they punt on and see how many of them are in a right old state at the next ticket time.

I watched the 993 WD yesterday. At the start it was clear that the windscreen scuttle was rusted through, but never mentioned.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back