Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Plan B

Thank you Chief, that's quite something from the King of Cool himself 8)

Cooler than Steve McQueen's fridge right there folks!

:grin:

All the best,
Paul

Hi Chaps,

After signing up to the Porsche Classic Register, today I received my first volume (that's the only way I could describe it - actually their 2nd edition) of Porsche Classic Originale, beautifully wrapped.

It's very useful for showcasing parts that Porsche are reintroducing for their classics. Now here's the thing, for some time I've been considering replacing my speakers. One of them popped last year and I thought at the time Frank Sinatra had had a heart attack, then I remembered he was dead so it must have been a speaker that had croaked it.

So I had been wondering what the options might be, lo and behold this tome landed today and I opened up and there was the answer....all the original official speakers are being made again and sold as front & rear kits, happy daze!

If any of you like me are still running your original speakers, I can assure you they will be well past their sell by date. I'll probably have to can one of Edward's bitcoins in to pay for them though :grin:

A Merry Christmas to all our readers!

Have a great one mates!

Paul :santa:

The paintings lovely mate, hope your well 👍🏻👍🏻

Hi Ian,

All good mate thank you, how about yourself?

Hope to see you in the New Year.

All the best,
Paul

Just read through 67 pages of amazing posts. A pity photobucket messed up a lot of photographers, but still a great read! Amazing work :)

Thanks Jay :thumb:

I'm pleased you have enjoyed it. Photo bucket has destroyed a lot of of good threads but hopefully, over the Xmas break, I'll restore a few of the photos.

All the best,
Paul

Hi Chaps,

I hope you are all well :thumbs:

You know when you have an itch and you're not happy until it's been well an truly scratched? Well I've really had a go at this one.

My car did look mint but I've never been happy not knowing what lurks underneath. The things you can't see are always going to creep up on you and personally I'm never going to be happy until I know everything is minty, mint fresh :nooo:

You may remember a couple of years ago (if you've read this thread) I decided to investigate under the sills and you all know where that lead (see earlier posts) anyway the usual suspect rusty bits on 911's as we all know is around and under the windscreen seal...... "JOHN!.... Check this out please mate!"

I hate surprises and this was no surprise. Years ago I insisted the windshield come out before I bought the car to check and repair anything lurking and couple of small issues (as you can see) were rectified but I had no way of knowing if it was holding up, it wasn't and strangely I feel vindicated, or I will be when John's had it through his care and replaced it with new metal.

Cheers,
Paul

Hmmmm, you just couldn't help yourself could you :grin:

To be honest Paul, you can't put a price on peace of mind. Get it squared away and sleep soundly.

The North east 964 boys are keeping the painters busy at the moment, thats a couple of pimples Paul compared to Thomas :D better caught early though

Always better to dive in than bury your head in the sand and lwaysa job to do on an older car.

Good to see you keeping busy.

Thanks Chaps,

Fortunately I didn't have as much to do as you Tom, you make me look like an amateur, erm, what am I talking about? I am an amateur! :grin:

I forgot to mention, my Porsche Classic Membership Pack arrived a couple of weeks ago, even though my car was the first to join via OPC Porsche Teesside the HQ had run out of pack. Which means there has obviously been a good take up on Porsche's Classic offer.

Cheers,
Paul

Woohoo :thumbs:

I've just noticed all my Photobucket photos from the early posts have been re-instated :lol:

Check your's if you had the same issue :bye:

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul,

How you doing? I feel the pain with the bodywork, mine was away for about 4 years (or was it 4 months/) in the 'North East's own private bodyshop', I'm paranoid about seeing something nasty appear and I think I may have spotted something!

I must investigate that Porsche Classic thing, do Porsche publish a price for that service you have to buy to get the 'free' membership or do I have to go and talk to OPC?

Cheers
Steve

Mr Bacchus said:
Hi Paul,

How you doing? I feel the pain with the bodywork, mine was away for about 4 years (or was it 4 months/) in the 'North East's own private bodyshop', I'm paranoid about seeing something nasty appear and I think I may have spotted something!

I must investigate that Porsche Classic thing, do Porsche publish a price for that service you have to buy to get the 'free' membership or do I have to go and talk to OPC?

Cheers
Steve

Go to an OPC and have a service or oil change and you get membership for 12 months. I tried to add the T&Cs but usual issues with file size. (when will this be sorted?)

Please forgive a 993er posting on this thread, but I had a separate thread re this and Paul replied. I think you have to go to one of the 4 "classic Porsche partners", not just any OPC. I believe they are Hatfield, Swindon, Glasgow and Leeds.

Oil change is £330 inc VAT, 12k service is £430 which really isn't too bad value in my book. 24k service is a ludicrous £1,100! :eek:

I haven't done it yet as car is due to go back to Northway soon for a service. Will probably get an oil change next year at Swindon (who seemed very helpful indeed).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back