Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Introduction 993 Carrera

Hello from another expat here in Zuri.

:bye:

911SE said:
future said:
Hej 911SE, lovely looking 93.

I also part live in Trosa SE plus Wilmslow in Cheshire UK and have previously worked in Zürich CH.

Is your car LHD? looks great as is but do post some updated pics for us.

Grattis on your purchase and enjoy in good health :)

Med và¤nliga hà¤lsningar, Mark :thumb:

Thanks for the welcome Mark!

A drive in Piemonte IT planned for next weekend so will take some phone snaps then. And yes its a LHD, Swiss delivery.
Its a small world, I too used to live in Cheshire some 14 years ago, worked at a Peugeot tech centre at the time...

Cheers,
Magnus

Piemonte is a lovely part of IT and make sure to try the local Barolo wine plus check out the motor museum :thumb:

Best regards,
Mark

911SE said:
future said:

I also part live in Trosa SE plus Wilmslow in Cheshire UK and have previously worked in Zürich CH.

A drive in Piemonte IT planned for next weekend so will take some phone snaps then. And yes its a LHD, Swiss delivery.
Its a small world, I too used to live in Cheshire some 14 years ago, worked at a Peugeot tech centre at the time...

Cheers,
Magnus

Piemonte is a lovely part of IT and make sure to try the local Barolo wine plus check out the motor museum :thumb:

Best regards,
Mark

future said:
911SE said:
future said:

Cheers,
Magnus

Best regards,
Mark

Agree re the Piemonte region, we've been going there for an autumn weekend away for the past 10 years and car is usually
maxed out with Barolo, Barbaresco and Barbera on the return to Swissy. Must admit I've never been to the motor museum, so off to Google now 

Jurgen said:
Please let me know if you want to sell those wheels.

Jurgen, it's been a huge interest in the wheels but unfortunately they've already been spoken for by a guy over on DDK, sorry. Lovely to look at but a pain to clean on a daily driver.

Fuchs said:

Hi there, good to know there are some other English speaking Porsche guys in Zuri :thumbs:

911SE said:
Fuchs said:

Hi there, good to know there are some other English speaking Porsche guys in Zuri :thumbs:

You didnt have a 928 before did you?

No I didn't but I've got a '71 2.2T which is in bits at the moment

911SE said:
cableguy said:
I'm currently looking for a full width front splitter and had resigned myself to the RS/GT2 item, however yours looks to be full width from the pic. Do you have any idea who's or what it is?

C.

I too like the look of it, I don't know the manufacturer it but I'll try to remember to check that next time I'm with the car (in about 2 weeks). The Swiss eqvivalent to UK's MOT are pretty difficult with mods and I remember the front splitter being included in the car reg doc's so there's a pretty good chance we'll find out. Feel free to remind me if u don't hear back from me.

I finally got around to check the splitter details and unfortunately only the dimensions were entered in the reg doc and there's no manufacturer stated anywhere on the splitter itself, sorry..

Amazing how different the car looks just by changing the wheels -

cableguy said:
Great looking car and welcome. ;)

I'm currently looking for a full width front splitter and had resigned myself to the RS/GT2 item, however yours looks to be full width from the pic. Do you have any idea who's or what it is?

C.
@cableguy - just came across which may be of interest for your NB front end?

https://www.f-s-h.com/Front-spoiler-for-993-Turbo

The URL appears misleading, as the description states: "One-piece design "Turbo Look" front spoiler to mount under the C2/C4 front bumper."

spoiler

These parts all seem to be made from fibreglass which will not stand up to much punishment. To me they seem quite expensive compared to OE parts that are made from pu which will be much stronger.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back