Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT3 RS salvage auction

Oh - also look closely at the video. where the rear PU meets the left rear corner of the body doesn't look like it is quite right either. If that isn't some kind of optical illusion then the rear chassis could quite possibly be twisted too (not just the front). Someone with serious expertise would need to get it on a ramp to determine for sure, but to my untrained eye (but as someone who has in the distant past banana-ed a 911 before) this looks more and more like a new shell is called for. I am actually not sure that it is economically viable at the £81k that it has already reached to be honest... :paperbag:

Even a minor front corner repair with suspension damage on a 997 GT3 can run to 20k to repair...

I'm going on what looks damaged and is potentially going to be damaged because of it, not guessing about roof and suspension or what else might be damaged and adding that to the cost? Things move in a accident and you will find just undoing bolts will release things back into shape. The rads don't even look like they are leaking that's how soft it is.

I used to repair salvage in the past so guesstimating at £20k is obviously ballpark and can potentially run over but I could estimate a repair from pictures before going to see a car fairly accurately or you could waste your time driving over half the country to see a car if you couldn't. You would reject some cars once you had seen them in the flesh though.

I'm not up on all the costs of the parts to repair a 991 GT3RS as I have never done one but if this could be had for £120k repaired it would make a good car for someone.

The repair process on aluminium structured cars is a completely
Different ball game to buying a steel structure and pulling it straight.
These cars under no circumstances are to be pulled

infrasilver said:
This won't need to see a jig.

From my reading CAT S is the old CAT B and therefore deformation of the main structure has occurred?

I am no expert, but just going off Disco's comments, I think anyone considering this project with a 20k budget is on for a hiding!

I would budget 50K to sort out, giving you an RS with a CAT marker for 130Kish.

I am not sure it is worth the risk, effort and money?

One consideration is the depreciation of the 991.1 GT3. Before the .2 you couldn't get a CS for less than 135K. I have seen a CS for 115k from OPC.
-20K in less than 2 months?

If the same is true of the RS then when the .2 version is released the .1 could well hit £160ish?

I agree with Tom 70K MAX!

jotaking said:
infrasilver said:

From my reading CAT S is the old CAT B and therefore deformation of the main structure has occurred?

I am no expert, but just going off Disco's comments, I think anyone considering this project with a 20k budget is on for a hiding!
FWIW, anyone actually know what a new shell is going to cost?!

Diggermeister said:
jotaking said:
infrasilver said:

FWIW, anyone actually know what a new shell is going to cost?!

I'm guessing 1 million pounds less 10% pcgb discount, available in 3 to 5 working days via the Porsche network. Shell would just be a shell. No bumpers, trims etc included.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back