Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT3 RS salvage auction

30k repair?
I've reconsidered. £60k

Tom,

A man of your talents this is a walk in the park.

Hope you are well.

Paul

Would stay well away
My guess would be that it has had an underbody digital measurement done
And the aluminium chassis is out of align
I only say this as all the undertrays and wheel arch liners are removed and this would need to be done to do the measure
Other than that if the chassis is ok it's an easy one to repair 👍

Budgiec4s said:
Would stay well away
I only say this as all the undertrays and wheel arch liners are removed and this would need to be done to do the measure

Agreed, it is a Cat S so has structural damage. The photo of the windscreen is showing deformation in the dash I think, broken vent fins. Will be an expensive fix.

Think I'll pop down to Halfords in the morning and price up some Isopon P38 and a couple of aerosols and have a think about it....

squelch said:
Think I'll pop down to Halfords in the morning and price up some Isopon P38 and a couple of aerosols and have a think about it....
:D and a 2lb hammer to smooth out the dents

T-Cut :grin:

Spoiler looks like it is set up for Rockingham ring :sad:

Who's was it :dont know:

:thumb:

FZP said:
30k repair?
I've reconsidered. £60k

Already up to £81K....

Budgiec4s said:
Would stay well away

Salvage yards don't usually bother touching a car and just want a fast turnaround, its up to the buyer to do their research.

This will be an easy repair but not particularly cheap, would make a great cheap (from the cost of them now) GT3RS for someone with the correct parts to fix. Chassis doesn't look in bad shape from the damage and the underbody panels looks like they have come off in the crash as they have dirt on them, no airbags deployed is a clue to how hard it hit.

I would guess track day off, O/S front hit and spinning the rear into a tyre wall which have fell on the rear quarter and bending the spoiler?

I'd buy it if I had the cash, I think it'll go for more than £100k plus £20k cost to repair.

I'd budget £30k for the repair as new parts from Porsche will incur a lot of Porsche tax. There will also be the auction fees etc to consider. I'm out as I do not have the cash or the balls to put a bid in. Up to £70k I would have.

Infra you would be a brave man
If it's had a hard one on the rear wheel
the subframe bolts direct to cast ally mounts
Which are not replaceable if cracked.
The under shields have clearly been removed as they are not damaged or ripped where they are fixed

The trouble with something like this is it brings a 'dream' car almost within grasp. Almost...
A 991GT3RS is out of my league for sure but it didn't stop me staring at it and doing some quick man maths.
A dream car like this could soon become a 'nightmare' car and bleed you dry. It's a hell of a risky punt IMO. I'm oot!

infrasilver said:
I'd buy it if I had the cash, I think it'll go for more than £100k plus £20k cost to repair.

:floor:

Brave.

Just those bent spoiler uprights are a 4 figure sum (if there is any damage to the blade, then it gets expensive). Thankfully the bonnet at least looks okay (that is a 5 figure sum if it isn't), but the reason why it isn't closed points to a likelihood that it doesn't (a lateral impact to the front corner often does that to a 911 - you open it then discover that it no longer closes), which means that the entire front half of the car is likely distorted. The absence of a closeup of the right front wheel points to a possibility of a new one being needed, so that is likely another couple of grand at risk. Which also assumes that the ceramic brake disk is fine (thousands more if it is even chipped). Trim and ducting pieces on GT3s can be hilariously expensive too. Then there is the back. There is no clue as to how well or otherwise the electric steering actuator will have taken the whack. Or the diff (which may have failed and is now electronic and one suspects a lot more expensive than they used to be). If there is anything wrong with the carbon fenders - thousands. The new front PU is heart attack territory for what it is too. New windscreen. The deformation in the right hand C pillar looks somewhat structural as well (though can't tell if it has damaged the edge of the overpriced plexiglass rear screen)...

This is not just a jig-it-straight and paint job - even for someone who really does know how to do that properly. And almost every part not common to a Carrera will be comparatively priced to the moon.

Looks to me like done properly this could potentially be a re-shell (I've no idea what they charge for a new RS shell these days, but given that it is model specific {Turbo with provision for cage mounting plates and without such for rear seats plus a bonded carbon roof worth squillions} it will be a lot) PLUS £20k+ of additional parts just to get started.

Douglas Valley Breakers : your thread has arrived. Everyone else : don't walk, run... :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back