Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 -Vs- Clio V6 (255 Bhp)

Is this the Renault that is an absolute pig to handle as soon as the road bends?

Thing is drive both and you decide, after all you are the person buying and living with the car. A lot of people don't like the 993 because it is not like all the modern cars eg 996, BMW, and this is the very reason why people love them as it is so involving and great to drive.

Your girlfriend is more likely thinking about the 996 which has become a bit of an exec repmobile.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23766

Does you GF own half your house or your estate in general? If no then ditch her immediately. If she does then emabark on a process of re-education and behavioural correction.

Good luck!

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23804

reviving this. what are 911 owners thoughts on the V6 Clio these days, particularly the MK2 where the handling was supposedly much improved?

250bhp, manual box, mid-engine V6, tiny footprint...on paper sounds to me like a fantastic recipe for a Uk B-road blaster, much like the air cooled 911s are + up to and including 997s. Rare too.

Love them, nearly bought 1 before I bought the 996T :thumbs:

There is a Forum for them, it is very small (obviously) so the chaps on there pretty much know every car/prev owner/etc/etc...

Go for it if you can, got to be one of the maddest, 8) est looking road cars EVER!!! A bit like the very early R5 Turbo of old.

:thumb:

badlands said:
reviving this. what are 911 owners thoughts on the V6 Clio these days, particularly the MK2 where the handling was supposedly much improved?

250bhp, manual box, mid-engine V6, tiny footprint...on paper sounds to me like a fantastic recipe for a Uk B-road blaster, much like the air cooled 911s are + up to and including 997s. Rare too.

Wow this is ressurection of an old thread I was only a baby when this thread started lol, I would say the same about the V6 clio as beemers etc Yes fast cars but as with all of that type of thing theres no event driving them , they are not iconic or special they are just fast bland boxes ok the clio does have some unusual body biys but most wouldnt have a clue what it was. the 911s are special with a presence on the road and driving owning one it so much more than just driving fast. :grin: :thumb:

I have had two Clio's, a 172 and a 172 cup. The quality of materials, design, and assembly is shockingly bad.

MC

Phil 997 said:
OK the Clio does have some unusual body bits but most wouldn't have a clue what it was

To me, this is what I like about the car I am driving

MisterCorn said:
I have had two Clio's, a 172 and a 172 cup. The quality of materials, design, and assembly is shockingly bad.

MC

You can say this about any Ford too, but the RS's, or other Marque equivalent, are a different breed.

My opinion of course :thumb:

HSC911 said:
Phil 997 said:
OK the Clio does have some unusual body bits but most wouldn't have a clue what it was

To me, this is what I like about the car I am driving

Yes I agree mate the sleeper car can be fun and a few have surprised me. I have had a few Beemers merc etc and yes they are fast but I got bored so quickly with them as they just didnt feel special to me. there are very few cars that cost mid 20k up that are as special as the 911. :thumb:

My first point was going to be how a 993 can only be 7-10 years old?! haha

interesting Phil, been watch a whole lot of YouTube videos of people ragging V6 clios and it 'looks' like an immersive experience similar to say a 993, but great value hearing from people like yourself who have actually driven the things

Phil 997 said:
I have had a few Beemers merc etc and yes they are fast but I got bored so quickly with them as they just didnt feel special to me. there are very few cars that cost mid 20k up that are as special as the 911. :thumb:

fight.gif
Fair point...forget it badlands :judge:

:floor:

I think it's still a 8) car though and worth a try :thumb:

do love the idea of throwing caution to the wind & forcing a crazy engine in a small car, bit like the V12 vantage

ragpicker said:
Bloody hell!

This thread had me scouring the ads for a mid £20k 993! :pc:

Then I realised that comment was from 2005 :eek:ut:

Now I feel like a right muppet!

:duh:

Anyway, as you were! :mrs:

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members