Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 vs RS4

HPNer said:
Back in '83, I px'd my 204 bhp 911 SC for a new WR Quattro Coupe.
What a mistake . . .!
Nose heavy, turbo lag and when hammered gave me 12mpg.
:bandit:
Kept it six months and p'xd it for another 911 and lost a shed load on it. Never bought another Audi since.
Just don't believe the hype!
Have things changed at Audi . . .?

:?:

Lol, yes. To an extent.

Rob you have the better RS4 motor though :thumb:

They need revved the V8's. Mine is a keeper for sure, Ive yet to fine anything that comes close to all round usability.

Still think the B5 is better than the B7 but Im tempted to run a B7 for a while to find out for sure. Most don't produce the claimed power, they all seem to be around 380bhp unless carbon cleaned or breathed on where as my slightly breathed on B5 has close to 500bhp and has been solid as a rock for 5 years at that level. They were the last of the over engineered more analogue Audis IMO.

To the OP, if your latest urge is anything like my latest urge, it will go away again the next time the sun shines... or by the time spring comes.

Except perhaps my old WRX, which was by far the best daily driver/winter car that I've ever had. Plenty of power, great noise, powerslides on demand... there's a lot to be said for balance, a low center of gravity and compliant suspension, none of which can be said to be defining features of RS Audis (as cool as they are).

Bund said:
I bought a high spec(ceramics etc) b7 RS4 avant two weeks ago....I will admit though to maintain to high standard level in expensive.

Thank, that's really useful.

MaxA said:
if your latest urge is anything like my latest urge, it will go away again the next time the sun shines...

That is a definite possibility (previously wanted a 996 turbo, a 987 spyder and an older targa, amongst others) and what scares me most about selling the 993. I'm not sure I could justify buying back in at today's prices.

MaxA said:
To the OP, if your latest urge is anything like my latest urge, it will go away again the next time the sun shines... or by the time spring comes.

Except perhaps my old WRX, which was by far the best daily driver/winter car that I've ever had. Plenty of power, great noise, powerslides on demand... there's a lot to be said for balance, a low center of gravity and compliant suspension, none of which can be said to be defining features of RS Audis (as cool as they are).

You're wrong at least about the compliant suspension on the B7 and B8(latter when optioned with drc), the DRC is definitely defining, it's better than good, so much better than the porsche standard setup on a couple year older 996 Turbo for example but this is the expensive items I refer to when I said about costs. A lot change to coilovers instead or replacing with Audi dampers, lines and rest needed to run it but they all seem to admit that working DRC makes the car.

MaxA said:
Except perhaps my old WRX, which was by far the best daily driver/winter car that I've ever had.

My Subaru P1 was, by a country mile, the fastest car I've owned cross country. Brilliant car, it was every thing the Audi should have been, yet wasn't.

You will get sellers remorse, I still have over some of the old Porsche's sold years ago.

But to be without your 993, you'll soon find that driving becomes mundane . . . and you wouldn't want that surely?
:bandit:

I used to have a remapped B5, did a fair bit of giant slaying in that. It used to have television (in a 2001 car), I don't appear to to see that as an option a great deal now.

Yeah mine has the TV option, doesn't work now since the digital switchover.

Can you remember the reg plate of yours?

I watch the RS prices and the B7's have bottomed out and are going up slightly again so its fairly safe money. RS246 is a god site to get info on the B7 and see whats for sale. Audisrs for the B5 but there prices are going up and not many for sale.

coullstar said:

X313 SUB. I remember the impending digital switchover and wondered what was going to happen.

I had a sprint blue TTS Supercharged B7 RS4 with a custom interior... Loved that car, especially the noise... :D :D

coullstar said:

I watch the RS prices and the B7's have bottomed out and are going up slightly again so its fairly safe money. RS246 is a god site to get info on the B7 and see whats for sale. Audisrs for the B5 but there prices are going up and not many for sale.

Agreed about RS246, I got mine off a well known forum member after putting a few wanted adverts up.

I'm not in the club where they will make clear money, i think its going to cost £2000 a year to run so that's going to add/stack up against anything it may appreciate.

AdeD said:
I had a sprint blue TTS Supercharged B7 RS4 with a custom interior... Loved that car, especially the noise... :D :D

Is this a TT with a RS4 B7 supercharged engine?

Bund said:
AdeD said:

No bud, TTS is the brand of supercharger... The only one recommended by MRC, Audi tuning gods :)

Here is a video of it on MRC's rolling road.. turn your speakers up :D

AdeD said:
Bund said:
AdeD said:

No bud, TTS is the brand of supercharger... The only one recommended by MRC, Audi tuning gods :)

Here is a video of it on MRC's rolling road.. turn your speakers up :D

Damn I bought sprint blue thinking it was the fastest colour, didn't realise I needed an mrc stage 3 setup too!! Haha
Mines still full Audi service history so I intended to carry that on but otherwise I'd let MRC look after it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back