Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It''s been a while ! But hopefully I''m ready soon

Hi Jose, longtime no speak !. What to buy ?...well for my 2p worth, I've had
the gen 2 997 (you might remember that one from the May Ring trip 2010'),
the gen 2 3RS (which I still have) and the 991 GT3 RS. As the boys have said
already, the 991 was ballistically quick everywhere, easy to drive fast and tbh
a bit soulless. The gen 2 GT3 just needed a few decent suspension tweaks to
really make it work...but it doesn't have the lower gearing or extra tyre width
of the gen 2 3RS. That car has got and will always have the 'wow factor'.
The GT4 is a great toy, but it's long gearing and slightly asmatic engine rule
it out of contention here. :thumb:

Happy Xmas mate !

Welcome back Jose! Genuinely nice chap missed from the forum these days. :thumbs: Belated condolences on the family front. However, it seems you're back with a bounce and ready to join in the banter on here. Hope the business is keeping you well.

~ Maxie :)

If you are really going to actually have it do some serious track work, there is merit in proposing that what you really ought to be looking for is a 997.1 Clubsport and have the suspension tweaked. According to the main dealer search you can even get one of those from an OPC with warranty and so on for <£93k, and that might well be where the most bang for buck can be had at the moment. At the same time, this also keeps it below the 6 figure threshold and you will not be driving value out of it by using it either. Not as good a road car as the Gen 2, but there certainly is a value case for them at the moment.

Oh - and welcome back compadre :thumb:

It is sad that the RS cars have become trophy/investment cars. If you track one then you are the only one putting miles on yours...the rest of the market is standing still.

Separately it also shows you how the recent flock of very expensive (£250k+) track cars are a bit of an anomaly in being a bit too expensive to track!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back