Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS 4

G5Day

Been looking at buying a fun weekend toy, I was lent a GTS coupe for a weekend and whilst I loved the car I was disappointed by how quiet it was. I honestly think my daily runabout a Macan Turbo is as loud and certainly has most pops and crackles going on.

Looking through the forum posts I discovered that it only does the latter in sport mode (not sport plus which I had it in most of the time), yet having been in California last week in a friends 991.1 4S conv with Remus exhaust the sound was sooo much richer and more for me Porsche-sequel.

I know obviously the smaller turbo'ed engine has taken away some of the lovely Porsche sounds but wanted to see if anyone has goner down the route of aftermarket exhausts on a GTS and if so which.

I really liked the car but was left feeling the more muted exhaust audio took away from the experience of the car to the extent I did ask them is the sports exchaust was faulty?

The 3.0TT is more muted, no two ways about it. If you had the car in Sports Plus you would have got more volume, but zero pops etc. The pops and crackles you do get are more manufactured in feel than on a .1s as well. It will do it for about 2-3 seconds after you lift off, then no more. With a N/A .1s you can make it pop and crackle all day long if you want it to.

Some will argue that the 3.0TT is more refined and actually nicer as a background noise which is true as the 3.8 N/A can become wearing when cruising etc, but for me the N/A has it sound wise every time.

But that is the only place the C4 GTS loses out. In all other aspects it far exceeds my .1 C4s.

As a daily driver the 3.0TT has the 3.8 licked. As a weekend toy to make you smile, the 3.8 still has the edge aurally, but the GTS wins hands down on chassis and steering.

Initially I considered an aftermarket system for the 3.0TT, probably an Akra - but in the end I decided its part of the cars character and it actually suits it, so I decided to enjoy what I have rather than stressing about whether I had improved it or not!

Many thanks. This really confirms my thoughts. Unfortunately the sound is high on my buying criteria. As such interested to hear if anyone has gone the aftermarket exhaust route and if so which and what they thought. Undecided if I would live with the factory sports exhaust. Other options would be go for 991.1 or also been test driving by a McLaren which is a beast (sorry 911 fans, which includes me). Down side of that option is No 2+2 seats which is a another vauluable option on my buying criteria.

G5Day said:
Many thanks. This really confirms my thoughts. Unfortunately the sound is high on my buying criteria. As such interested to hear if anyone has gone the aftermarket exhaust route and if so which and what they thought. Undecided if I would live with the factory sports exhaust. Other options would be go for 991.1 or also been test driving by a McLaren which is a beast (sorry 911 fans, which includes me). Down side of that option is No 2+2 seats which is a another vauluable option on my buying criteria.
I've McLarens are bloody expensive on the maintenance front and should always be had with their warranty

I've driven the gts for a couple of hours, mainly in sport mode and I thought the sound was terrific tbh. Maybe the noise disappointed you a bit because you were in sport plus most of the time? For your everyday car I think it would start to grate if it was much louder.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back