Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Servicing in Hants/Dorset

LSDFJ00

Can anyone recommend a good Indy for my region?
Has anyone had recent experience of JMG Porsche in Ferndown?

Purely 9 Paul Stevens in Yateley.

LSDFJ00 said:

I live in Ferndown and JMG are the last people I would go to. disinterested grease monkeys is all the greeted me when I went there.

For me the options of indy would be in order

JMBautomotive James is a fully OPC trained tech and has worked at Bournemouth OPC , Portsmouth OPC and as a senior tech at Porsche in the UAE he's my first choice any he's mobile so can work at your home or business. and no VAT

Silvertune in Christchurch recommended by many local guys and when I went with a mate I found them knowledgeable and experienced ,

Brookspeed Eastleigh. These guys were my go to indy until James at JMB set up on his own . always had great service from them.

hope that helps :thumb:

CS Sportscars, Devizes. Close enough to Hampshire :thumbs:

Hampshire is a big county....

Assuming that you are Bournemouth way from the Hants/Dorset ask. Brookspeed have a good reputation - I use Northway Porsche, in Aldermaston, as I am pretty close to Berkshire, but I am guessing that would be a bit of a schlepp for you

Many thanks for the replies and interesting comments.

Yes, I am in Bournemouth area.
I used Northway for many years but a little too far for me nowadays.

I've used Brookspeed in the past and they're great, just up the M27 in Eastleigh/Southampton :)

tim993 said:
CS Sportscars, Devizes. Close enough to Hampshire :thumbs:

+1 Unbeatable 993 knowledge and skills from Christian - @Colt on this forum.

Silvertune in Christchurch is your local aircooled indy to visit...TIPEC chap called Eddie runs it - no frills but very knowledgable, good prices and does a great job!

Also if you're around on the 14th we're doing a curry at the Winton Tandori (sorry to hijack).

I have never used an indy, I use OPC West Parley every year. Not much more expensive than an indy and I know my car will be well treated. My last annual was circa £280, without an oil change.

I also get a new Porsche to play with for the day.

Thanks, DomB.
But, do you feel they know a 21 year old car as well as an Indy might know it?

LSDFJ00 said:
Thanks, DomB.

I live near the OPC in West Parley and they always have aircooled cars in being worked on its certainly a good option.

LSDFJ00 said:
Thanks, DomB.

I wouldn't take mine elsewhere.

Some technicians may be better than others but generally I do feel that they are the best local option.

As Phil says they regularly carry out work on air cooled cars. Go in and see them, have a look around and a chat and see how you feel.

Phil - that's very interesting. My guess is that it depends on the OPC in question. I've had Porsche people who work at my local OPC tell me that they would (and do) take air-cooled cars elsewhere because their technicians simply don't have enough experience of the older cars.

In that regard, I am quite lucky because my local indy is a former master tech at Porsche from the 993 days...knows these cars backwards and is really passionate about them.

Phil 997 said:
LSDFJ00 said:

I live in Ferndown and JMG are the last people I would go to. disinterested grease monkeys is all the greeted me when I went there.

Appreciate this is an old ish thread, but please do not go to JMG.

I've had my 993 ten years this year and in the early days went to JMG. I won't list all the issues but when having tracking done you don't expect to drive off from said garage with the steering wheel off the straight ahead by 25%! Nor do you expect to find half the wheel arch liner fixings missing!

It seemed to me that he employed teenagers on undoubtedly corresponding wages.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back