Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED 996 rollcage

L8ydg

Hi guys I'm after a bolt in roll cage for the 996, in the 4 years of owning it i have only used the rear seats twice i think so figure i might aswell add a rollcage.......mainly for looks, if you have one or know of one for sale please let me know.
cheers in advance

L8ydg said:
Hi guys I'm after a bolt in roll cage for the 996, in the 4 years of owning it i have only used the rear seats twice i think so figure i might aswell add a rollcage.......mainly for looks, if you have one or know of one for sale please let me know.
cheers in advance

In this thread, Pip1968 is replacing his bolt in Tequipment cage with the Clubsport version and says that when done his old one will be available. Suggest that you drop him a message about that :thumb:

Check the 996 section, I am sure someone recently fitted one from Safety Devices, I was surprised at the cost, in a good way, it was around the same new as a used techquip.

Thanks for the replys both, just heard back off pip i dont think his cage is for me, spoke to saftey cages and they said around £500 for a new bolt in cage so think thats what il do.
Cheers again both

L8ydg said:
Thanks for the replys both, just heard back off pip i dont think his cage is for me, spoke to saftey cages and they said around £500 for a new bolt in cage so think thats what il do.
Cheers again both

It was me with the Safety Devices cage recently - "bolt in" is a huge oversimplification ! It needed a bit of fettling and two plates welded in. Be aware of that before you get carried away. It's probably not a DIY job unless you're quite brave.

It all turned out pretty well though.

12421710181807384b.jpg

I recently fitted a tequipment cage, quite straight forward just watch the winsdscreen and have a ratchet strap to tension the 2 struts which fasten to the seat belt bolts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back