Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo pdk to 991 gts pdk

john aus

toying with changing my 997 turbo S to a 991 gts pdk naturally aspirated think there 2014/15

anyone done the move

Bought a '14 C4S with most of the gts goodies. Sport plus, Sports Exhaust, alcantara paddle sports design wheel, PTV etc.

Some comments on here http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1339093&highlight=#1339093

Getting straight out of a 997 turbo s you will loose a bit of the giggle under acceleration, but the 991.1 n/a is still plenty fast enough and in sport plus mode it makes great pops and bangs on downshifts. Any longer road trips and the 991 will come into its own as less road noise and more comfort.

My mrs likes driving the 991 which makes longer journeys easier, she's not so keen on the 997 as it's a bit too quick :?:

Both really enjoyable cars and summed up well by a mate 'both are epic fun involving drives. You have to pay attention in the 997TS as the horizon is much closer than you think, but the 991 is more comfortable and makes you want to pay attention as the engine/exhaust gives great feedback".

Good luck with your decision. Moving from a 997 turbo s is tricky...

Sorry I'm of no help, but I want your problem! :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back