Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Scholester said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Got my self this steering wheel. And got lucky with the price very cheap under I payed under £100 And is like very new!! Now I need an Airbag for it if anyone knows of any selling??

Cheers

J

Blimey you did get lucky mate the manual ones usually sell from £250 up to £400 used. :thumb: :thumb:

Yeah Phil,I got lucky but the airbag will catch up to me.. :grin:

J
Try these boys as they recently sorted TheFinn for his Tequipment wheel.
[email protected]
:thumb:

Cheers for that :thumb: will give them a call in the morning and see what they can do for me !!!

Cheers

J

New set of wheel bolts and lockers for my Gen 1 to replace the rusty ones.

£152 later I feel like I've been robbed.

Craig180 said:

When I refurbed my wheels, the centre caps and new bolts cost more than the refurb ... crazy

Ratattak said:
Craig180 said:

When I refurbed my wheels, the centre caps and new bolts cost more than the refurb ... crazy

I knew they'd be expensive. But had no idea they'd cost 4-5 times aftermarket ones.

Bought mine a new steering wheel off of a 2012 Cayman, replacing the 997.1 triangular wheel.

Maybe should have asked before buying but is a newer wheel (manual, no multifunction) plug and play or are there modules/coding required?

Attachments

• img_3926_114.jpg
    img_3926_114.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 4,514
As Finn says if MF on the old one a straight swap if not you may have to nip into the OPC and get them to stick it on the piwis and get them to turn on the MF option, you will need to insist as they will think they know better and not do it as it hasn't got MF on the wheel . they way to know if you need to do it is if your horn works when you press it .oh yes and apply some silicon grease to the three tabs on the airbag to stop it sticking :thumb:

Thank you Finn and Phil. The old wheel is MF but I hardly used that functionality so decided to go for the simpler wheel to upgrade to. Appreciate the tips - I'll let you know how I get on - will ask Autofarm to do the swap as car will be with them this weekend. Thanks again chaps.

iff someone is looking for a sports steering wheel (multifuncional) i have one for sale...

2cd76gk.jpg
:thumbs:

4 x 5mm Spacers and bolts from Design911
4 x Beru TPMS from ACD TPMS Warehouse

Next up bolting all the bits on :thumbs:

New997buyer said:
4 x 5mm Spacers and bolts from Design911
4 x Beru TPMS from ACD TPMS Warehouse

Next up bolting all the bits on :thumbs:

I see you have bought TMPS. I don't know if it's any good for you now as you have bought them . I had all four changed on my car by Etyres . They come to your house and fit them and rebalance the wheels for £198. It took them about two hours all in all as my old ones were totally dead. So they had to program them individually.

Regards

Gareth

Sorry last post a little bit misleading . I have just checked the prices on Etyres and they have gone up. It's now £276 for four fitted. It was £198 in September when I had mine done.

Thanks for the above. That's a great price! I need them for the additional wheels I bought last month. :thumb:

MoT yesterday - clean pass with no advisories (same as last year) - pretty good for a 13 year old car with 80,000 miles on the clock!

I have to say - I have had my car for 4 years - the first two were very expensive, the last two have been much more palletable!
Let's hope it stays that way..... :thumbs:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back