Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

AndyS said:
Jitstar said:
Ok, so not quite all today, but last couple of weeks;

- RS kit (touring spec)
- RS replica wheels
- RS wheel and gearknob
- RS engine mounts
- Golden Rod shift rod
- RS short shift kit
- Techart front brake ducts with short fogs
- Rear screen with no wiper hole

It's been a busy couple of weeks!

You should be able to post a few good pictures as you're assembling all this!

I did the rear screen and wiper delete earlier this year - looks great, but as I drive it in the rain too it can be a bit of a faff sometimes!
(I just carry a small squeegee thing behind my seat now)

Will do - here's a quick one of a little test fit...

Attachments

• bd95e01f_1ceb_49df_911b_17ec081a6ea9_201.jpeg
    bd95e01f_1ceb_49df_911b_17ec081a6ea9_201.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 6,724
Normski298 said:
Fitted my 3 spoke wheel which has just returned from Royal Steering wheels with a leather airbag I recoloured (originally red).

New wheel looks great! :thumb:

Dream911 said:
Normski298 said:
Fitted my 3 spoke wheel which has just returned from Royal Steering wheels with a leather airbag I recoloured (originally red).

What a smart dash love that Becker. :thumbs:

Endoman said:
Dream911 said:
Normski298 said:

What a smart dash love that Becker. :thumbs:

Thanks Dream911 and Endoman.

Wheel was a bit of a labour of love - couldn't find a black leather airbag so ended up buying one off the Bay in red and recoloured it myself.

Yep, I like the Becker Cascade; even better with V6 map disc and a little bluetooth gismo that lets me stream my music aswell from my iPhone - screen colours match in with the dials nicely in my view. I had an Indianapolis before; but didn't quite match this.

Jitstar said:
- RS kit (touring spec)
- RS replica wheels

What kit? where did you get it?

Im getting RS touring Kit and missed out on some genuine Speedline.. what replica wheels you got? RH?

Any more pics?

Morimoto mini projector kit ordered will be using it with ToreB's kit and led mains.

Normski298 said:

This looks great. Well done!

Endoman said:
Morimoto mini projector kit ordered will be using it with ToreB's kit and led mains.
This https://www.theretrofitsource.com/mo...rsche-993.html
Took me a bit to work out what happens.
The replacement projector has a shutter that flips out of the way when on main so the projector does both. As Tore's kit is very neat and compact I will be using his bulb kit and keep the LED mains I already have. Rennlisters like it so I thought I would give it a try.
Don't you just get fed up with being dazzled by Range Rovers and X5s etc?

New screen washer nozzles, piping and valves. A real pain of a job in the cold.

Endoman said:

What happened did the old ones seize up and deteriorate through lack of use :dont know:

Zingari said:
Endoman said:

What happened did the old ones seize up and deteriorate through lack of use :dont know:
Valves failed, driver's nozzle clogged with ***** internally, well then the passenger one wouldn't match. Pipe cheap, Oetiker clamps not.
I blame it all on Sainsbury's screen wash which also left a rainbow stain on the bonnet.

I had a blocked washer one way valve which I duly changed however I recall my local OPC advising that Porsche original screen wash can for some reason congeal with the standard Halfords or other brand we no doubt all use causing these blockages. Anyone else heard this?

Mike:) said:
I had a blocked washer one way valve which I duly changed however I recall my local OPC advising that Porsche original screen wash can for some reason congeal with the standard Halfords or other brand we no doubt all use causing these blockages. Anyone else heard this?
Reported on Pistonheads and here it doesn't mix turns to goopy glue.
Doesn't surprise me but then it sounds like a good sales gimmic.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back