Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen2 Turbo - Exhaust Options

rabbitstew said:
Desert Dragon said:
Its a shame you can't dyno before and after to see if the Kline adds or in some cases maybe even loses a few horses especially as you're never going to map.

Whilst an independent dyno test would be best, on their website Kline claim:

100cel = 16hp increase
200cel = 21hp increase
decat = 42hp increase

those are from just bolting the exhaust on & no mapping.

they claim their decat exhaust + remap = 75hp increase.

Thats interesting as I was under the impression there was no increase in BHP due to the ECU controlling it all. I was told the only difference would be a bit more of a low-mid range shove as the turbo's spooled up quicker.

I am sure the more knowledgeable will be along shortly to confirm either way.

I went with a Kline full system. Equal length headers decat and tune. Not cheap but very happy with the whole shebang. Sounds very naughty on boost but quiet on a neutral throttle. Perfect.

Couple of questions you need to ask yourself before you change your system.

Do you want to change the entire system, cats and all or just the silencer. Changing the entire system will give you more power but you will inevitably need a remap, not necessary on a 200 cell but it is on all the others.
Biggest draw back with this is firstly the cost, your going to be about £3k lighter by the time you've done all the work. Secondly if you sell the car and want to put it back to std you've got to reverse the job and I doubt you will do it yourself, you might get lucky and sell the car to an enthusiast who wants the Kline set up.

If it's just a good sound your after then the easiest by far is the Sharkwerks pipe, it is literally just a bit of pipe or two to be exact! You can fit it yourself in about a morning depending on how rusty your nuts and bolts and clamps are and you can remove it in the same time and put it back to std. No remap needed at all, sounds wicked. Surprisingly it's not as loud as you would think it's going to be and in Sport mode it does have a nice bark to it. Not cheap though for two 2 meter lengths of drain pipe but maybe if you had access to a Mandrell and welding gear your could fabricate one, just a thought, then punt them no here!

Attachments

• 20170813_201429_176.jpg
    20170813_201429_176.jpg
    838.3 KB · Views: 4,209

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back